Author Topic: channel isles look up possibly Jersey please  (Read 1268 times)

Offline lally52

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
channel isles look up possibly Jersey please
« on: Friday 29 December 06 17:57 GMT (UK) »
I am Looking for my Grandads birth place and certificate and possibly Nash /Gubbins siblings born in the channel isles

Grandfather Hector Gubbins Nash born circa 1890
his
father/ Charles Nash

mother possibley /Sarah Ann Gubbins.....not certain about this one.

Charles was in South lancashire regiment i think....

But the only Charles Nash i can find 1891 channel Isles census claims to be single!

The place for that Charles, is Vingtaine du Douet  , St Peters civil Parish, St Ouen ecclesiastical parish,

I'm wondering if he got married without permission so the birth wasn't put down as an army birth???

Any help with this would be great and very much appreciated.

Lally52

Offline winston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: channel isles look up possibly Jersey please
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 December 06 18:55 GMT (UK) »
HI

Do you not have the marriage certificate of  your Hector to confirm the fathers name?

Wendy
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Blakeley in Batley West Yorks
Turner in Hanging Heaton West Yorkshire
Dann last known area Soothill West Yorks
Hirst in Hanging heaton W Yorks
Moss in Morley and Leeds
Parker in Morley W Yorks
Parker in Hull E Yorks
Tilburns in Morley W Yorks

Offline lally52

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: channel isles look up possibly Jersey please
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 December 06 19:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wendy,

Yes i have his Wedding certificate on it says fathers name CHARLES NASH, OCCUPATION: CHEF AT BARRACKS this was Dec 1910.

My Grandad Hector was in 2ND BATTALION OF THE PRINCE OF WALES VOLUNTEERS (THE SOUTH LANCASHIRE REGIMENT) UNTIL A FEW YEARS BEFORE HIS DEATH OF TB IN 1937

So i never got to meet him.

The reason i say Hector gubbins nash's mother may be Sarah Ann Gubbins is because she married a Charles Bertram nash 1889 and gave birth to a DOROTHY GUBBINS NASH 1899 PRESTON LANCS
HENRY GUBBINS NASH 1900 PRESTON LANCS
ALSO A HAROLD GUBBINS NASH 1902 HARTLEY WITNEY HAMPSHIRE
THEY WERE ALL BORN AT ARMY CAMPS AND FATHER CHARLES IN SOUTH LANCASHIRE REGIMENT.

These are the only people i can find using the Gubbins as a second christian name.

My fathers name is Charles Bertram Nash too so this seems to follow... I always thought my Grandad was called Bertram..... i believe now that my dad was talking about his Grandfather.

Unfortuantely two of the above children died before they could show on the census and neither can i detect Harold gubbins nash or Charles/Sarah ann

I am at a loss to know what to do next.

Thank you for your interest.
lally52