Author Topic: Michael Hart married 1894, Belfast  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Grey Seagull

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Michael Hart married 1894, Belfast
« on: Friday 29 December 06 22:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Have just discovered my first searchable reference to family connections in Ireland - but have no idea how to find out anything else!  Any suggestions about where I could look - preferrably on the web - would be most welcome!

:) :) :)

The information I have to date is as follows:

Michael Hart, born in Govan, Scotland 18/6/1872,  married Margaret McCartney in Belfast on 17/11/1894.

8 children were born in Govan but there is reference to another child, John before the first of the eight Govan-born children, Margaret in 1899.  I suspect John and maybe two other siblings may have been born before 1899 in Ireland.

Michael worked as a riveter in the shipyards - possibly H&W.

Father was John Hart, born in Ireland, possibly married in Scotland and died in Govan on 6/11/1877.  Mother was Margaret Kane (sometimes Kean) b Scotland.  John's father was Owen Hart, a coastguard,  and his mother was Susanna Hart.
Fleming: Campsie, Glasgow, E Kilbride, Cumbria, Canada/USA, Oz (NSW)
Cant: Kilmichael, Inverness, Resoles, Moray
Stewart: Dingwall, Strathpeffer
Rankin(e): Argyll, Glasgow
Ferrier: Kinnell, Red Castle, Inverkeillor, Glasgow, Greenock
Morrell: Dundee, Oban, Perth, Rothesay
Harris: Glasgow, Dunoon
Hart: Govan
McDonell/McDonald: Knoydart, Kilmonivaig, Inverness, Paisley
(Mc)Niven: Islay, Glasgow
MacDonald: N Uist, Glasgow
MacCorquodale: N Uist
Dear: St Cyrus
Gibb: St Vigeans
Bell: Forfarshire

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Hart married 1894, Belfast
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 June 07 13:18 BST (UK) »
Hiya Grey Seagull,

Have you looked at the Harland and Wolff Islandmen Project on the Antrim Resources board? The Project relates to a collection of ID cards of people who worked in the yards. The cards were purchased in a job lot at an auction. The guy who is running the Project would like to hear from either the owner of the card, or relations of the owner, and get some stories about work in the yards for his website.

Christopher