Author Topic: Henry Richmond  (Read 10413 times)

Offline jeanhemm

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Henry Richmond
« on: Saturday 30 December 06 15:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi listers

Recently found Henry Richmond b 1831 in Cornadaragh, Belturbet, Cavan who appears to be the grandson of Henry Rchmond who married Mary Ann Stintson and the son of John Richmond and Janet Henderson.  Henry may have been their oldest son who was married in Ireland before his parents decided to come to Scotland.  I have details of another son William John and a daughter Elizabeth who was my 2nd gt grandmother.  I am currently trying to determine whether Henry belonged to this family or not.  Henry Richmond married Mary Jane Henderson in 1859.

Any info anyone?
DERRY - Nelson, Johnston, Dobbins 
NORFOLK, STAFFORDSHIRE, BIRMINGHAM - Semmence, Seamons, Seaman, Semman
NORFOLK - Stark, Love
STIRLINGSHIRE - Bulloch
IRELAND, WIGTOWNSHIRE, AYRSHIRE - Findlater 
GLOUCESTERSHIRE. WORCESTERSHIRE - Hemming 
IRELAND, SHEFFIELD, BIRMINGHAM - Goulding 
BIRMINGHAM - Howe, Roberts, Adams
IRELAND, GLASSFORD - Richmond, Reid

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Richmond
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 February 08 18:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jean,

What denomination was Henry Richmond? Was he a member of the Catholic faith, the Established Church (Anglicans or Church of Ireland), a Methodist or a  Presbyterian?

You'll have to rely on Church records as civil registration in Ireland was not introduced until 1864. Non Catholic marriages were registered from 1845 onwards. When registration for BDMS started in 1864 some people didn't bother with the registration for a few years after that date. Keep your fingers crossed that church records still exist.

Christopher

Offline BettyD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 19 July 08 10:00 BST (UK) »
Hello, Jean,
                  I have a Elizabeth Jane Ricmond who was my GG Grandmother from Belturbet who married Robert Dugdale in 1857 in Quivy Church.  My Elizabeth was born in1838 in Belturbet. They later migrated to Australia in 1861.
   I wonder if mine is the same person as your Elizabeth.
regards BettyD.

Offline Kilroot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 12 March 10 21:22 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jean,
Henry Richmond, bap 24.2.1828, who married Mary Jane Henderson on 21.1.1859, was my gt grandfather.  The parents of the siblings John, Jane, Sarah Ann, and Charles are listed in the Parish of Annagh as John and Sarah Richmond of Cornadarragh.  Also listed in the records are 3 other children as having been born to John and Sarah Richmond although no addresses are stated.  The tree may have looked like this: Geoffrey b.15.4.1816, William b.14.9.1818, (there may have been 1 or 2 children born between 1818 and 1826, a female who married Morton, and/or George Richmond), John bap 5.3.1826, Henry bap. 24.2.1828, Jane b.c. 1831, Sarah Ann b.c. 1833, and Charles bap. 24.5.1835.    My grandmother, Elizabeth Jane Richmond b. 29.12.1872, and number 7 of 9 siblings by Henry Richmond and Mary Jane Henderson, married Robert Crozier.   Cornadarragh townland can be confusing, as I was told, by a Richmond of the above family, that another family of Richmonds also lived at Cornadarragh although the 2 families were not related.  Anyway, as the mother of Henry Richmond bap 24.2.1828 was Sarah and not Janet, it does seem that this Henry is not the son of John Richmond and Janet Henderson.
Regards, Kilroot

Offline Kilroot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 12 March 10 21:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello BettyD,
In my notes I have:  'Jane Richmond b.c.1831, married Robert Dugdale, both of Cornadarragh, at the District Church of Quivvy in the Parish of Drumlane on 23 Dec 1857.  The age of Robert Dugdale was given as 26 years, no age was given for Jane Richmond although she also would have been aged c. 26 years.  The marriage took place in the presence of Thomas Dugdale and Sarah Ann Richmond.  Jane Richmond and Robert Dugdale may have emigrated as the Birth Indexes (from 1864 onwards), do not indicate offspring.'  My supposition about emigration was correct, then.
Regards,  Kilroot

Offline glenmornan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 29 August 10 21:24 BST (UK) »
The Henry Richmond you are looking for was born somewhere in Ireland about 1827 to John Richmond and Janet Henderson. Henry had a brother Wiiliam John Richmond, born in 1834. William John was married at the very early age of 17 to an Anne Jane Chambers at First Ballymena Presbyterian Church on 15th November 1851. At that time William was an agricultural labourer living in Broughshane, County Antrim, and Anne Chambers lived in Crebilly, Antrim. Both brothers ended up in Chapelton, Lanarkshire, working as iron miners.

John Richmond was born about 1800 and Janet Henderson was born about 1801.

My g g g grandfather, Thomas Walker, married a Martha Richmond somewhere in Ireland between 1820 and 1830, but I am still trying to find them. I also have Irish ancestors in Counties Tyrone, Armagh, and Donegal, which I have been able to trace.

Offline BettyD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 03 September 11 11:36 BST (UK) »
kilroots.  on Jane Richmond's wedding record the male witness is Thomas Duke of Drumlane Co. Cavan. He married Anne Henderson on 27 Jan.1858.
Regards,  Betty D

Offline lholli

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 31 August 12 03:24 BST (UK) »
Hi there from Canada.  I have just begun making up a family tree for my grandkids and found some details that my grandmother had researched.  My great grandfather was Henry Richmond, born 1831 in Belturbet Co Cavan, married Mary Jane Henderson who was born in 1836. Her records show 9 children including my grandfather.  I have more details, but because this is my first try at this, I'm not sure how to proceed.

Offline lholli

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 31 August 12 14:11 BST (UK) »
Hello Kilroot, In looking over your info I believe we could be related, as my grandfather George Andrew Richmond (born Oct 10, 1870) was Elizabeth Jane Richmond older brother and married Robert Crozier. Other siblings include John b 1860, Annie Matilda b 1862, Sarah b 1864, Mary Jane b 1866, Henry b 1868, Emily b 1877 and Edith b 1879.  Interesting isn't it.  Let me know what you think.