Author Topic: Dead End  (Read 3293 times)

Offline foggyjano

• RootsChat Senior
  • 5th Generation - Noah Thomas 1874
    • View Profile
Dead End
« on: Sunday 31 December 06 12:12 GMT (UK) »
Where do you turn to when you have hit a dead end?

Barton upon Irwell 1881
RG11  3878

Harry Thomas aged 16, but i am sure the census says he is married? I cannot place his birth in Bilston
Hannah Thomas aged 9 I cannot place her birth in Bilston
Ellen Thomas aged 12 I cannot place her in bilston.

On the same census Richard Cullis from Bilston, I have discovered his step father is a Richard Thomas from Wales... so wondering if same surname or his is relative to William

What do you do when you cannot place people, some ideas have been given for william and lucy in Bilston previous but the childrens names do not match.

When will we be able to view the 1911 census? 

Thomas
Pearson 
Schofield
Stanton
Davies
Wallwork
Winnard
Evans
Saunders
Berry

Welsh in laws
Smith in laws
Moar In Laws
Calverley In Laws
Bonds In Laws,

Offline Tati

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Ephraim's daughter to infinity & beyond
    • View Profile
Re: Dead End
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 31 December 06 12:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Foggyjano,

I think it says 'unm' for Thomas ...

As for the 1911 census : January 2012  :P

"My dear, I think the English pronounce it 'appiness"  

I'm afraid of no ghost

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 31 December 06 12:29 GMT (UK) »
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline SandraC

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Isabella Annie with Brenda
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 31 December 06 12:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi

There's a birth reg for Hannah Thomas Q1 1872 Wolverhampton [which is where Bilston registered to]

There's a birth reg for Harry John L Thomas Q3 1867 Wolverhampton also.

Having trouble with Ellen still

Regards
SandraC
Researching Clark, Holt, Threlfall, Platt, Walker, Bowers, Culshaw in Manchester, Salford, Ormskirk & Southport.
Also, Craggs, Hamer, Sampson, Hesketh, McNamara, Hodson.

All Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline foggyjano

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 31 December 06 12:41 GMT (UK) »
Further info here: http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,201412.msg1014996.html#msg1014996

thanks for that, but the children do not match the children i have, so i do not think this is the same william and lucy as mine...I know children can die at young ages but i would of thought Harry would be on the census, as he was the oldest child being born in 1865 ish...  I need to match William and Lucy with a child named Harry in 1871 in bilston to be sure it is the same family.
Thomas
Pearson 
Schofield
Stanton
Davies
Wallwork
Winnard
Evans
Saunders
Berry

Welsh in laws
Smith in laws
Moar In Laws
Calverley In Laws
Bonds In Laws,

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 31 December 06 12:46 GMT (UK) »
Further info here: http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,201412.msg1014996.html#msg1014996

thanks for that, but the children do not match the children i have, so i do not think this is the same william and lucy as mine...I know children can die at young ages but i would of thought Harry would be on the census, as he was the oldest child being born in 1865 ish...  I need to match William and Lucy with a child named Harry in 1871 in bilston to be sure it is the same family.

Hi Foggyjano

The thread I mention above is an older one of yours!!  :D

It helps greatly if you show what you have researched before, so that we can see what conclusions you have drawn and ideas rejected or accepted.

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline foggyjano

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 31 December 06 12:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi

There's a birth reg for Hannah Thomas Q1 1872 Wolverhampton [which is where Bilston registered to]

There's a birth reg for Harry John L Thomas Q3 1867 Wolverhampton also.

Having trouble with Ellen still

Regards
SandraC

Thank you for that SandraC.  It is down to alot of persuming now i suppose cos i do not know facts.. but i wanted to confirm them all in 1871.  William and Lucy in Bilston, Harry and Ellen will have been born now.  I can only go off the 1881 census where it says william and lucy are Harry's parents so why cannot i find them Alll on the census, unless one of them were not all together at the time of the census, very frustrating and i keep coming back to them like a dog to a bone, i just wish i could let it lie, but this family really interest me more than any of my other familys.. wish my grandmother was still alive....
Thomas
Pearson 
Schofield
Stanton
Davies
Wallwork
Winnard
Evans
Saunders
Berry

Welsh in laws
Smith in laws
Moar In Laws
Calverley In Laws
Bonds In Laws,

Offline foggyjano

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 31 December 06 13:01 GMT (UK) »
Oh no.. just read a thread of longest time been searching for a person... and it didnt feel me with confidence.. i bet this family will be my milestone.

I have just also read that 1841 that they rounded the ages up, so i must bear in mind this before dismissing folks cos the dob is 2 years out....

Sandra i will follow up the leads you have given me, thank you

regards foggyJano
Thomas
Pearson 
Schofield
Stanton
Davies
Wallwork
Winnard
Evans
Saunders
Berry

Welsh in laws
Smith in laws
Moar In Laws
Calverley In Laws
Bonds In Laws,

Offline SandraC

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Isabella Annie with Brenda
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 31 December 06 13:02 GMT (UK) »
On the 1881 census that you have, Richard Cullis is married to an Emma aged 18

This marriage was Q4 1880 Salford [Pendlebury Christ Church] & the bride was Emma Thomas.

This gives you one positive connection back to the 1871 family in Bilston.

I'll keep on worrying at it for a bit & see what happens

SandraC
Researching Clark, Holt, Threlfall, Platt, Walker, Bowers, Culshaw in Manchester, Salford, Ormskirk & Southport.
Also, Craggs, Hamer, Sampson, Hesketh, McNamara, Hodson.

All Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk