Author Topic: Solihull-Malvern  (Read 972 times)

Offline Reg Singleton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Solihull-Malvern
« on: Wednesday 03 January 07 17:51 GMT (UK) »
London to Solihull and Malvern
Can you please help? Walter Gustave Noel Singleton, born 1893 Wandsworth, London. move to Solihull and had a hardware-ironmongers type of shop in Solihull. He was the brother of my grandfathers William Charles born 1889. Is there anything like a Kelly's or Pigot's trade directory, which covers Solihull in the late 1930's, or between 1940-42? This was the period when my grandfather visited the property to avoid the bombing in London. Hopefully this would list Singleton as the proprietor of the shop, with an address so that I may be able to obtain old photographs.

I have been informed recently that Walter Gustave Noel Singleton's wife's name is:
Ethel Ellen Eastaff born1890 in Luton, they married in 1915 and had a daughter Mabel E Singleton born1920 Edmonton.
Ethel Ellen Singleton died 1988 Registration Malvern, Worcestershire Vol. 29 Page 647
Would anyone have any information on Walter Gustave Noel Singleton his wife Ethel Ellen Singleton or the daughter Mabel E Singleton (name changed if married)
Thank you,
Reg

Moderator comment: duplicate query. Please reply here http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,170986.msg810161.html#msg810161