Author Topic: 1901 Irish Census  (Read 1136 times)

Offline t_creaney

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
1901 Irish Census
« on: Thursday 04 January 07 12:10 GMT (UK) »
Can anybody tell me if any of the Family History Centres (Latterday Church) in England have the full set of the 1901 census reels.

I spoke to the one nearest to me and they weren't much help. The lady said I would have to order them and it could take weeks even months for them to arrive. I need about 12 individual reels.

It might be less hassle for me to travel to Belfast where I know they are all at PRONI but I would rather check them out locally.

Thanks.

terry

Creaney, Craney (Co Armagh)  Moffett (Cookstown & Larne) McCurdy (Co Antrim) Hind (Cumberland & Durham) Simpson (Co Tyrone) Steenson (Carnlough, Co Antrim) Irwin (Cumberland / Scottish Borders)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 Irish Census
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 04 January 07 19:02 GMT (UK) »
I had to order mine at my local one and I would imagine it's the same most places.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline crabbya

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 Irish Census
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 January 07 17:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I was in Tuam , County Galway and they had the census at the local library.  Unfortunately, there was only one reader which was booked for that afternoon so I only had a brief glimpse.

I have also ordered them from  LDS in the US, and they shipped out the requested reels within a few days.

Crabby
Downing/Hurley/Lane/Quinlan  Cork
Hopkins/Devaney/McWalter/Qualter/Lyons  Galway
Fallon/Donnellan Mayo
Mulcahey/Mulcahy Roscommon
Reilly/Riley Sligo