Author Topic: The Conservative Club, Pembroke or Pembroke Dock  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Carino

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
The Conservative Club, Pembroke or Pembroke Dock
« on: Thursday 04 January 07 19:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello and a Happy New Year everyone.

Do anybody know or have information regarding the above address,  I don't know if it was in Pembroke or in Pembroke Dock, my ancestors John Edward Roberts and his wife Eugenie with their son Arthur Bernard Roberts apparently either stayed there or ran it after returning from living in London, which would be after the year 1901 up until 1916 or abouts,  are there any records held for this place, is this place still standing today and if so where exactly was it  ? 

Any help offered will be gratefully received.  Thank you.

Offline lambkin

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: The Conservative House, Pembroke
« Reply #1 on: Friday 05 January 07 16:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello and a Happy New Year everyone.

Do anybody know or have information regarding the above address,  I don't know if it was in Pembroke or in Pembroke Dock, my ancestors John Edward Roberts and his wife Eugenie with their son Arthur Bernard Roberts apparently either stayed there or ran it after returning from living in London, which would be after the year 1901 up until 1916 or abouts,  are there any records held for this place, is this place still standing today and if so where exactly was it  ? 

Any help offered will be gratefully received.  Thank you.

There is was a Conservative Club in Pembroke. Which was a huge building with steps leading up to it. There was also a Conservative Club in Pembroke Dock.
Buckney
Siddoway Durham/ Northumberland
Odell Stevington
Joy Kempston
Gilby Wellingborough
Brown Winlaton
Urwin Durham/ Northumberland
Poole Bedfordshire
Tompkins Stagsden Bed's
Vaughan Monkton Pembrokeshire
Buckney Angle Village Pembrokeshire
Grimes Langwm Pembrokeshire

Dudley Bedfordshire pre 1580

Offline Carino

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 05 January 07 17:49 GMT (UK) »
Hello Lambkin,

I realised this morning when I was thinking about it that it was club and not house,  sorry for the mistake,  I know my ancestors lived in Pembroke Dock,  so I am assuming that it was there that they ran or lived there.  Would you know anymore about it.

Thank you very much for responding to my query.

Offline lambkin

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 05 January 07 18:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello Lambkin,

I realised this morning when I was thinking about it that it was club and not house,  sorry for the mistake,  I know my ancestors lived in Pembroke Dock,  so I am assuming that it was there that they ran or lived there.  Would you know anymore about it.

Thank you very much for responding to my query.

The building is still there in Bush Street facing St Johns Church but it is no longer called the Conservative Club here is a link to Pembroke Dock web site

http://www.pembroke-dock.co.uk/
Buckney
Siddoway Durham/ Northumberland
Odell Stevington
Joy Kempston
Gilby Wellingborough
Brown Winlaton
Urwin Durham/ Northumberland
Poole Bedfordshire
Tompkins Stagsden Bed's
Vaughan Monkton Pembrokeshire
Buckney Angle Village Pembrokeshire
Grimes Langwm Pembrokeshire

Dudley Bedfordshire pre 1580

Offline Carino

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Conservative Club, Pembroke or Pembroke Dock
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 07 January 07 18:46 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Lambkin for giving me the link, I appreciate it very much,  I have had a quick look and its very interesting, I haven't found anything yet about the Conservative club but I will keep looking.

But if there is anything else that anyone can help me with, that would be great.

Thank you very much.