Author Topic: Rachel Jones of Bolton  (Read 5273 times)

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Rachel Jones of Bolton
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 07 January 07 20:33 GMT (UK) »
Hello Ray.Do you have Josephs fathers name .
Theres a Stanley Reece 42 and family but no Peter address 200 Clegg Lane RG13 3605 p137 I,m trawling disc so its easier to give page numbers for refs and a Daniel Reece 266 Clegg Lane p142
Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 07 January 07 20:54 GMT (UK) »
When you say Man Road do you mean Manchester Road.Theres a Elizabeth Jones 62 widow living on own means b WestBromwich Staffs with dau Annie 32 single cotton weaver b Walkden Lancs and son Edward B Jones 28 marr b Walkden  at No 41 Manchester Rd p212
I have been through the whole of Little Hulton but cant see a Joseph Bennett.
Have just found Emma after a lot of guess work at her age.Is Josephs dad Henry 38 pavior b Ormskirk.Can you give any other information as there are no children with them on 91 census were was Joseph born and what year.An occupation would be good as well.
Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline benrymnd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 08 January 07 19:34 GMT (UK) »
yes I did mean manchester rd isobel sorry about that,josephs dad was henry a pavier,actualy born in aughton nr ormskirk, he married mary tomlinson of warrington I presume in warrington as their 3 (john william b 1875, joseph b 1877,ellen b1879,) children were all born in warrington,mary died in 1889 his 2 youngest children were put into warrington union industrial school and cottage homes,he moved on to little hulton taking his eldest or his eldest followed him ?( john william) I  found a john william bennett living with william gregory and family 214,wyte st,little bolton age 16 working as a cotton factory operator (I think it was the free bmd)I don't have any information on peter preece or his family.when joseph married mary they moved about for the first few years as his first child was born in hersley green on the 19th nov 1901,(my aunt)second child born 2nd jan 1904 houghton green(don't know where these places are)the next 3 children were born in little hulton in 1905,1908,and 1911,and the last 2 children were born in st helens.the information about josephs childrens birth places was from uncle the one born in 1908 (before he died).

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 08 January 07 20:15 GMT (UK) »
John Bennett 47 lab b Warrington
Emma 45 wife               ditto
Henry 19 son  labourer b Ormskirk
Christopher 18 son  errand man b Warrington
Elizabeth 15 dau  fustian cutter b    ditto
address Dakins Court Warrington
RG10 3906 fol 89 p 21

William Bennett 35 carpenters lab b Ormskirk
Mary 37 wife b Kilkenny Ireland
Judith 77 mother  widow  born on the sea
John 39 widower carpenters lab  b Ormskirk
Henry 8 son b Lathom
Margaret 5 dau b Lathom
Manchester Road Warrington
RG9 2793 fol 42 p 25

Henry Bennett 29 paver
Mary 25
John W 5
Joseph 3
Ellen 1
22 Lythgoes Lane Warrington
RG11 3797 fol 63 p 33

Found Emma Bennett 1901

Richard Tonge 40 publican b Farnworth
and family
Emma Bennett 45 married b Little Hulton  domestic servant at The Old Original Halfway House
St Peter Farnworth Bolton
RG13 3599 fol 143 p 55

Offline Singum

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 09 January 07 17:32 GMT (UK) »
:'(

I've just got back from speaking with my Grand-Mother and guess what  ???

It's all wrong, apart from the 1901 census return. After spending the last few hours with her and telling her that we'd managed to trace her line back to 1850 and explaining it all to her, she turned round and said that her Grandma was called Ann Hughes. Why she didn't tell me this before I don't know but  :(

When probed a little further she said that her Grandma had Rachel and then married somebody called Hughes, after Rachel was born. They apparently went on to have the following children;

Ethel, Ruth, Lizzie & Jim, I'm assuming that Lizzie was Elizabeth & Jim was James.

I'll keep looking but if you come across anything could you please let me know. Thanks for your previous Help.

Nigel
Names = Hayes, Jones, Walmsley, Taylor, Gregory, Whittle, Duxbury, Stone, Bamford, Hibbert
Places = Leyland, Chorley, Whittle, Charnock Richard, Croston, Bolton, Rochdale, Wem, Whixall, Wardle
Counties = Lancashire & Shropshire

Offline Tati

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Ephraim's daughter to infinity & beyond
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 09 January 07 17:51 GMT (UK) »
There was an Ann in the Jones family found in 1861 ...

Perhaps Rachel is still the one who stays with her grandparents (permanently or not) on census ...

Here are the only candidates I can see for your family:

RG12/3119 78 25
Great Bolton, Lancashire
8 Rebate Street

Jas Hughes, head, 36, Coal miner
Ann, wife, 34
Eliz, dau, 7, scholar
Ruth, dau, 1
Jas, son, 2months

All born Bolton

RG13/3650 5 2
Ainsworth, Lancashire
Bradley Fold

James Hughes, head, 46, Coal miner Under Ground
Ann, wife, 44, House Duties
James, son, 10, school boy
Elizabeth, dau, 17, Cotton Weaver
Ruth, dau, 11, school girl
Ethel, dau, 7, b. Ainsworth
Sarah Robinson, aunt, wid, 74, Lives with the family

All but Ethel born Bolton.

Ann Jones in 1881, boarding at Gt Bolton - no Rachel in sight...
http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=uki1881&indiv=try&h=9978386

The Ann Jones daughter of Thomas and Isabella is the only Ann Jones born Bolton ca. 1857 that I can see on any census ...
 "My dear, I think the English pronounce it 'appiness"  

I'm afraid of no ghost

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tati

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Ephraim's daughter to infinity & beyond
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 09 January 07 18:16 GMT (UK) »
Possible marriage:
Dec 1881 Bolton 8c 333
Ann Jones to possibly James Hughes
 "My dear, I think the English pronounce it 'appiness"  

I'm afraid of no ghost

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 09 January 07 18:42 GMT (UK) »
Blimey.
Just seen the reply.Cant see how it can be wrong.It checks out from 1901 downwards.If 1901 is right then the rest must be.The only thing I would suggest would be to buy a few certificates.

Hello Tati.