Author Topic: Francis Yapp[Yopp] 1645  (Read 3415 times)

Offline eric

• RootsChat Senior
  • Thank you for any help
    • View Profile
Francis Yapp[Yopp] 1645
« on: Friday 05 January 07 20:24 GMT (UK) »
I appear to have a my above ancestors back to the above Francis Yapp [ YOPP] 1645, It would seem he was married to Margery ?, can any one add any more to this spares info.
The family tree seems to go as follows with little meat on the bones. Francis1645, father Thomas1668, father Samuel 1700, father John1726 with a fair amount of family info, father Thomas1759 with a great deal of family back ground. The rest of the family members I have a fairly good history John 1783, this John would appear to be the the first to sign his name Yapp, prior to this time the family were Yopp's, his fatherJohn 1810, FatherJohn1834, his son Walter1876. The family have close connections with Lydbury North. I would be most interested on any leads on the above family. Eric.

Offline shirl100

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Francis Yapp[Yopp] 1645
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 January 07 10:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi there

I think I have found a reference to Francis & Marjery's marriage on Boyd's marriage index (from british origins), Fran YOPE and Mgy SCOTTCOPE , 1662 Onibury Shropshire (may not be the right people of course!).

Have you tried IGI (on familysearch.org), there are 3 Francis Yapp (& variants), 2 are member submitted details rather than parish register info, but there is one in Culmington (close to Onibury) which is from the parish register, Francis YAPPE, christening 1 Apr 1636, father Thomas YAPPE mother Anne.

I did find one record on ancestry.co.uk which is an extract from parish registers, of a baptism 15 Jan 1667, Thomas son of Francis YOPP and Marjerie

Good luck with your searching

Shirl
North,Noble,Harrison,Seller - North Riding Yorks parishes
Brown,Brooks,Watson - Belper/Duffield Derbys
Hole - Ashover Derbys
Webb, Flavell, Mason - Staffs (mainly Sedgley)
Bevan,Beamond - Chirbury Shropshire
Longridge - Northumberland/Durham
Freeman - Hampshire, Oxfordshire,Sussex
Smith - Derbyshire and Yorkshire
Whitehead - Yorkshire
Morris - St Pancras Yorkshire etc

Offline eric

• RootsChat Senior
  • Thank you for any help
    • View Profile
Re: Francis Yapp[Yopp] 1645
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 January 07 10:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Many thanks for your prompt reply, this looks a very interesting lead ,I do believe you may have the family connection, athough the   christening appears to be perhaps nine years earlier than the date I have, but this is not so unusuel when looking for info 400 years ago. Once more many thanks. Eric.  l