Author Topic: Denbighshire Geography Help, Please; Malpas and Reca Dutton? Barrow Surname  (Read 1034 times)

Offline Robert B. Croman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Denbighshire Geography Help, Please; Malpas and Reca Dutton? Barrow Surname
« on: Saturday 06 January 07 01:34 GMT (UK) »
I just got a death record from GRO today for a William Barrow who died 17 January 1844 at the age of 84.   The place of death looks like Reca Dutton and the informant was William Stockton.    He was listed as a pauper and the cause of death was old age.
The Registration district was listed as Wrexham and the subdistrict was listed as Malpas in the Counties of Chester, Flint and Denbigh.
Can someone help me with the geography as to Malpas and Reca Dutton?
When I sent for the death record I thought that this William Barrow might have been connected to my Barrow family of Brymbo, but now I am not too sure.   I was expecting a man about 45 and not 84.
Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Bob Croman

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Denbighshire Geography Help, Please; Malpas and Reca Dutton? Barrow Surname
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 January 07 07:50 GMT (UK) »
The probable place of death was likely to be Caca Dutton,about which more info you can see at;
http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/DEN/Isycoed/index.html

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wreham
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk