Author Topic: updating bible?  (Read 4418 times)

Offline ali607

• RootsChat Veteran
  • GG Grandad John Collier 'The Contratenor Singer'
    • View Profile
updating bible?
« on: Saturday 06 January 07 17:34 GMT (UK) »
I have an old gem of a family bible - HUGE thing but the binding has all disentegrated under its own weight i think. It goes back to early 1800s with entries about family back then all way through to about early 1900s. looks like one person filled in the lot. theres only a couple of pages with family details but they were really informative. After reading ppls posts here youve all made me think about getting it rebound  -which would prob be extremely expensive? - and also updating it with all thresearch that iv done so that i can bring it up to date and future generations can add to it as it will be fit to write in?
What do you think? Should I update it - given that its been left dormant in an attic for the best part of the 20th century - my dad just likes to 'look' at it onbce a decade or so...should i get it rebound?
Your opinions would be welcome
Alison
Surname interests:<br />Salter, Fulford, Woodcock, Finney, Tissington, Driscoll, Shea, Maxfield, Collier, Hughes, Williams, Petty, Pearson, Prescott, Baldwin, <br /><br />Area interests:<br />West Riding Yorkshire: Rotherham, Hemsworth, Darfield, Sheffield<br />Worcestershire/Staffordshire: Oldbury, West Bromwich, Halesowen, White Heath<br />Lancashire: Wigan, Aspull, <br />Nottinghamshire: Worksop<br />erbyshire:alfreton, ironville, codnor

Offline gwen j

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: updating bible?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 14 January 07 20:36 GMT (UK) »
If you can afford it then do it!Maybe,in another generation,someone will be glad that they haven't got to wade through loads of web sites,census returns and indexes to find people.I believe that you too would be so proud that you have carried on with something that a distant relative started.Go for it!
Davies-Rhydlewis to Ebbw Vale
Wharton and Ford-Barnard Castle to London
Delany-Staffs.
Lascelles