Author Topic: Nancy Crombie  (Read 936 times)

Offline jean thomas

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Nancy Crombie
« on: Saturday 06 January 07 21:46 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find any record of Nancy Crombie who nursed my fathers Great Grandmother Annie Suttie in Middlesbrough until Gt  Grandma died in 1927. We have a photo and a birthday 18 April but no year.It would be great to place her in our tree. She apparently went to Margate and married Billy Kinnear who later died. My father last remembers visiting her with his mother Hannah Gladys Crombie when he was 16 in 1930 and then what happened to her? We are sure that she maried William w Kinnear known as Billie and that he was in the forces?the  marines. After he died Nancy worked in a guest house in Margate.She may have been Elizabeth Annie Crombie b 1900 and died 1986 but we are not sure. Her mother was called Elizabeth Annie too. I didnt know that Nancy was a nickname for Elizabeth-only Annie. There were never any children that we know of. Can anyone help with her origins please?

Offline slaw

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Nancy Crombie
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 22 February 07 13:16 GMT (UK) »
There is a Annie Crombie born 1905 in middlesbrough, this is in the Tees valley indexes www.tees-valley.co.uk
Edwards Llanfyllin Wales Evans LLanfyllin Wales
Salmon(Lawrence)b.1847 Monaghan Ireland
Salmon(lawrence)1869 Darlington, died Stockton on Tees
Duffey Staffordshire
Morris LLanfyllin, David Edwards 1779 Llanrhaiader Wales

Offline jean thomas

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Nancy Crombie
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 22 February 07 14:01 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for looking. Yes there was an Annie born into the family in 1905 but in my Grandmothers birthday book she is there and also Nancy, Jean