Author Topic: chirnside 20 October 1786 Marriages & Banns  (Read 2305 times)

Offline clazey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
chirnside 20 October 1786 Marriages & Banns
« on: Friday 12 January 07 11:51 GMT (UK) »
These included in list:  Hugh Meihle, Overseer; Robert Purves to Janet Paxton; Hugh Lockhart to Isabel; George Home to Janet Hay; Robert Reid in Coldstream to Janet Maclaren in Chirnside; John Vinneycomb to Agnes Blackadder; Lawrence Cockburn in Idington to Elizabeth Paterson; John Richlington in Whitehall to Alison Burn; William Meihle to Ann Murray in Blackburn in the Parish of Chirnside; John Blackadder to Helen Johnstone; William Gillis to Alison Nisbet in Blackburn in the Parish of Chirnside; James Ha?well to Elisabeth Buchanon; Thomas Wait in Idington Mill to Helen Darling in Hutton, Chirnside 12 Oct. 1786. Paid to Robt. Ainslie in Dunse.  William Marshall to Isabel Dickson.

Sharon
Tough, Keith, Kerr, Donaldson, Clazey, Stephenson, Jardine, Spry, Jewell. Oswald, Middlemiss, Harper, Carter, Hutchinson, Scott, Lamb.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: chirnside 20 October 1786 Marriages & Banns
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 February 08 05:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sharon,

Just a year later !!,  but got shivers down my spine when I read your posting.

I have just received a copy of the D.C. of Jane Reid of Morpeth, Northumberland and finally got my Scottish connection.

Jane Reid died 1850, Morpeth, widow of ROBERT REID, weaver of Chirnside, Berwickshire.

Hopefully this is the Robert Reid and Janet Mclaren mariage you have posted.
Any extra info you have would be greatfully appreciated.

Trish ( in Sydney)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline clazey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 02 March 08 03:30 GMT (UK) »
I can scan a copy.  However, the copy I received was faint and hard to read.

1786, April 3 - Reid . Robert Reid in Coldstream to Janet Maclaren in Chirnside.

From Extract of entries in an Old Parochial Register. Parish of Chirnside, County of Berwick. 

Extracted from a Register of Proclamation of Banns and Marriages dated 20 October 1786.
Tough, Keith, Kerr, Donaldson, Clazey, Stephenson, Jardine, Spry, Jewell. Oswald, Middlemiss, Harper, Carter, Hutchinson, Scott, Lamb.

Offline clazey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 02 March 08 03:35 GMT (UK) »
I forgot to mention that the spelling of Janet's last name, Maclaren was very clear and quite easy to read.  When I think about that time period...my ancestors, James Claizy and Helen Ker who were on that same record, October 20, probably knew yours...

Sharon

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 02 March 08 12:35 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Sharon,

I really appreciate your info.  It is a small world when you think that we can communicate 222 years after the event !!!

I hope my ancestors and yours were good friends. I would love a copy of the register if you don't mind. It does not matter what the condition is, it will be great just to add it to my Family file.
Will P.M. you with my email address tomorrow.

All the best,
Trish
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline clazey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 04 March 08 09:25 GMT (UK) »
I will scan the document and get it to you. 

Sharon