Author Topic: McCutcheon's emigrated from Londonderry  (Read 1816 times)

Offline KHartley

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
McCutcheon's emigrated from Londonderry
« on: Friday 12 January 07 16:23 GMT (UK) »
Wonder if this is the William & Mary in my previous post????????

Just found NEW information about my elusive Great Grandfather, William McCutcheon. He returned to Ireland in 1894 and brought his mother to Canada. I just found out that they travelled from Londonderry to Montreal on the Sardinian on or about April 20, 1894. Does anyone have any access to passenger lists for this ship in the hopes that it might say where they originated from in Tyrone or N. Ireland (OR WOULD THE PASSENGER LIST STATE THAT INFO??)?? William's age is given as 25 and his mother, Mary is listed as being 50 years old and married (not older & widowed as we thought??? Husband John)........ supposedly her maiden name was McFarland but have had no luck in finding birth or marriage registrations for any of these McCutcheon's.
Also found a Samuel McCutcheon who also came out of Londonderry in July of 1891 on the Parisian........ supposedly my GGrandfather came to Canada with a brother named Samuel but was supposed to be earlier 1886 or 1887 BUT maybe his brother came over later; maybe he returned to Ireland and came back............ so many questions!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe his passenger record says where he originated from???

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: McCutcheon's emigrated from Londonderry
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 October 08 05:49 BST (UK) »
Hello KHartley,

I've linked a couple of threads to this one.   

McCutcheon's of Derry?? on the Ireland - General board http://tinyurl.com/4lnd9j

McCutcheon's in Londonderry www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,206952.0.html

Christopher