Author Topic: Hessie Taylor  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Maeabbie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hessie Taylor
« on: Monday 15 January 07 14:47 GMT (UK) »
Information required about Hessie Taylor (single name possibly Watson or Kennedy)

She was married to Charles Taylor and lived in Legane Street, Belfast.

She died 25th September 1962

Any information about her and her family much appreciated.

Regards
Maeabbie
Smart,Smith,Coy,Parkes,Walker,Dunmore,Pykett,Page,Russell,Wright,Hopkinson,Taylor,Kennedy,Watson

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Hessie Taylor
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 15 May 07 21:44 BST (UK) »
Hello Maeabbie,

It's possible that one of the members on Belfast Forum who is not a RootsChat member may know of Hessie.

I'm a bit puzzled ... why do you offer two possible maiden names? I've just found the answer to that question
on your other thread ... Charles Taylor and Hessie Taylor.

Chris

Offline Maeabbie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hessie Taylor (maiden name Kennedy)
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 15 May 07 23:24 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your interest - I had given up trying to find anything out about my grandmother and grandfather.

My mother is nearly 84 and cannot help me with dates of birth or marriage etc.  My uncle is 75 and he can give me very little info.  I do know Charles Taylor and Hessie are buried in Roselawn Cemetery. I had decided that I would visit the Records Office in Belfast to try and make a start. I have cousins in Belfast and Ballynahinch not so far from Belfast but I don't think they are partic ularly interested.  My husband travels to Northern Ireland quite a bit (he is there until this Thursday) but I could not go with him as I have commitments this week at home.

I have a few names to make a start with from mum but I need to get my grandparents correct information first.  I stopped using Rootschat because it did not seem to lead me anywhere with my Irish connections. I have joined Ancestry.com and have been able to get lots of information from census records etc.  I also am a member of Genes Re-united which has proved very useful also.

Do you have any tips to help me when I eventually get over to Belfast?  Thank you one again for your interest.

Regards
Maeabbie

Smart,Smith,Coy,Parkes,Walker,Dunmore,Pykett,Page,Russell,Wright,Hopkinson,Taylor,Kennedy,Watson

Offline teap78

• RootsChat Veteran
  • my mum Gemma Doyle 1950s
    • View Profile
Re: Hessie Taylor
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 16 May 07 10:44 BST (UK) »
Maeabbie, if you apply to the Family Ulster site you can get the details of Birth, marriage and death certs for £6 and yes the birth cert details will have the mothers maiden name.

www.familyulster.com

Colette
Doyle, Mullan, Mulholland, O'Neill, McCann, Lowry, Mullen, Forsythe, Magilton, Farnan.  Banbridge Co Down , Belfast Co Antrim and Dungannon Co Tyrone .