Author Topic: 1851/1861/1871 HALL/KING FAMILY , PANCRAS  (Read 1308 times)

Offline lynnmart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1851/1861/1871 HALL/KING FAMILY , PANCRAS
« on: Friday 19 November 04 18:04 GMT (UK) »
 CAN ANYONE LOOKUP THE CENSUS FOR PANCRAS IN 1851/1861/1871.  I AM LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON MY GREAT GRANDFATHER JAMES HALL WHOSE FATHER WAS THOMAS HALL.  ACCORDING TO HIS MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE JAMES WAS BORN IN 1865/66. AT THE TIME OF HIS MARRIAGE TO ELIZABETH KING (BORN 1866/67 TO GEORGE KING AND MARTHA SALISBURY) HIS FATHER THOMAS WAS ALREADY DECEASED.  HIS LATE FATHERS OCCUPATION IS LISTED AS  A CARMAN.  THEY WERE LIVING AT 11 YORK BUILDINGS, ST PANCRAS.  I DO NOT KNOW THE DETAILS OF JAMES MOTHER.  GEORGE KING MARRIED MARTHA SALISBURY IN 1866 AND IT SHOWS HIM AGED 20, SO HE MUST HAVE BEEN BORN IN 1846 OR THEREABOUTS.  HIS FATHER WAS SHOWN ON THE MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE AS JOHN KING (DECEASED) AND JOHN WAS A PLASTERER.  AT THE TIME OF GEORGE AND MARTHAS WEDDING THEY WERE LIVING AT 2 MIDDLESEX PASSAGE PANCRAS.  ANY HELP PLEASE ?
LINDA ???

Offline linda51

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: 1851/1861/1871 HALL/KING FAMILY , PANCRAS
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 November 04 08:01 GMT (UK) »
There are 8 pages of Thomas Hall's in the 1861 index, a lot more information would be needed to locate him - the birth certificate of James would provide an address.

There are 3 pages of George King's in the 1861 index  aged 15 +/- 5 and none appear with possible father John.

There are 2 Martha Salisbury's - piece 112 folio 110 & piece 59 page 18.
RG9/112 folio 110:
2 Middlesex Court, Pancras
Jake (or John) Salisbury, Head, 6(?), Sewer Man, Herts, Offornsheet(?)
Mary Salisbury, Wife, 43, Buckchard(?), Hambleton
Thomas Salisbury, Son, 16, General Porter, Middx, London
Mary A Salisbury, Daur, 14, Flower Maker, Middx, London
Martha Salisbury, Daur, 13, General Servant, Middx, London
Edward Evans, Nurse Child, 2, Middx, London

There is no Middlesex Passage listed in the Pancras Street Index, so it's likely that Middlesex Court became Middlesex Passage. The Enumeration District is described as: "All that part of the Parish of Pancras comprising Chapel Street, Clarkes Place, The Grove, Seamans Place, Julers(?) Buildings, Dears Place, Dentons Buildings, Middlesex Place and Court".

There were no King's living at 11 York Buildings in 1861.

Hope this helps

Linda

Offline lynnmart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 November 04 22:32 GMT (UK) »
thanks for searching for me.  I do not have the birth certificate of james.  If i had this I am sure my search would be much easier.  Because I don`t have a correct birth date for james and only his fathers name I have come to a standstill.  I am sure that the martha salisbury you found is mine , so thanks for that.  can you have a look for george king age 14-16 and let me have the details of any found.?  This would be a great help.
many thanks
linda :D

Offline Biker

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 17 June 05 19:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Linda,

Are you still looking for this information?
If so, could you specify which parts you may have already found and those you're still looking for.

Regards
Jonathan
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lynnmart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 18 June 05 10:55 BST (UK) »
hi jonathan,
I have not been able to move any further with my search for my great grandfathers birth details. can you help?

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 18 June 05 13:16 BST (UK) »
I have found some of the family in 1871.
At 2 Middlesex Passage,St Pancras are.......

Mary Salisbury head widowed 52 Nurse b Henly Bucks
James "            son    unm       30 labourer-sewers! b Henly Bucks

George King head mar    26   Coal Porter b Islington
Martha King wife   mar     25   b St Pancras
George King          son     5     b  "      "
Elizabeth King  dau         3      b   "       "

RG10/226 folio 15 page 24

What else do you still need- apart from your great grandads birth- which one by the way?

I tried looking for James Hall's in 1871 but drew a blank -sorry.
Do you have no more info? Place of birth from later censuses perhaps?

Regards

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lynnmart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 18 June 05 13:28 BST (UK) »
hi carol
thanks for the info.  The only great grandfather I am stuck on is james hall who according to his marriage certificate when he married elizabeth king in 1886. his father thomas hall was shown as deceased.  thomas` profession was a carman.  I have not been able to locate any birth details of james so far.  On later census when he was married to elizabeth his birthplace was shown as pancras, london.  The only thomas and james hall that I came across on the 1871 census with a james being the right age was shown that james was born in willesden.  I do not know if this is the same one
linda

Offline Biker

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 01 February 06 19:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Linda

This is a bit of an oldish request, just checking to see if you've found the information or still looking?  If the latter, do you have anything further information that might help?

Regards
Biker
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lynnmart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 01 February 06 20:02 GMT (UK) »
hello Biker,
I have not moved much further with this. I am still persuing the trail of my great grandfather James hall. Its such a common name both first and surname. I am in the process of going through various birth certificates that I have ordered hoping that one of them will be my James, showing details of his father Thomas, who in 1866 was deceased(as on james marriage certificate)It might be that the james and thomas hall shown in the1871 census as born in willesden, middlesex and thomas born in Ireland might be the correct one, but I couldn`t find anything closer. Any info anyone else comes up with will be gratefully appreciated.
can you help?