Author Topic: Albert Nicholas DONOVAN  (Read 4019 times)

Offline Lindon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Albert Nicholas DONOVAN
« on: Wednesday 17 January 07 00:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi folks

Re. Albert Donovan

I've found my long lost Uncle's death certificate, registered by his son 

A Donovan, in Slough 19.3.1938 but am now stuck as to how to get any

more information about this A.Donovan and his possible wife or children.

I have checked on deaths but no luck.  Has anyone please got any ideas?

Thanks

Lindon

Offline Vicwinann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Albert Nicholas Donovan
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 17 January 07 02:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,
Unless anyone else has any brilliant ideas, and you have no way of asking relatives, it really is a case of tediously trawling through the birth Indexes, quarter by quarter backwards, for a birth of any Albert Nicholas Donovans. Ditto both ways for a wife for Albert.  As an informant he would possibly, but not necessarily, have been an adult or late adolescent in 1938.  If you have an address you might be able to find him in Rates Books or Voters Lists but I don't know if at this date such are still protected by Privacy laws.
Regards
Vicwinann
Sellwood Berkshire Oxon Lancs Wilts; Cassell Berkshire and Guildford; Leighs Guildford and London; Saunders Portsea, Greenwich and Deptford ; Austin Cookham; Osgood Berkshire; Dack Norfolk; Darling Berkshire and Mapledurham; Wilkins Englefield Berks; Havenhand Derbys; Whileman Derbys; Reedman Derbys, Notts, Australia, Africa; Rottenberry Deptford and Devon;

Offline DebbieG

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Albert Nicholas Donovan
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 17 January 07 10:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lindon

Have you tried Genes Reunited - for either the Donovan family or the Caren family?  I had a quick look and there appears to be one person with Albert Nicholas amongst their relatives, but 4 with Christina amongst their's - perhaps she kept in touch with some of her family and their descendents might be able to help you - worth a try
Pay(n)ton, Payton, Pe(a)rton all Oxfordshire and Berkshire - particularly Abingdon

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lindon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Albert Nicholas DONOVAN
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 23 January 07 17:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi DebbieG  sorry about the delay replying but have been away. Good idea about the Caren  descendants - will give it a try.