Author Topic: Edward DAVIES born circ 1792  (Read 6606 times)

Offline pete edwards

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Edward DAVIES born circ 1792
« Reply #9 on: Friday 19 January 07 17:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Eric, :) :)

Give us a shout if your stuck, I got the Worthen parish registers here on disc,

Best wishes,
Pete.
Edwards, mainly Cound, Frodesely, Acton Burnell. Pitchford. and surrounding villages, Shropshire, /  Rowe, Cound, / Littlehales, Berrington, Shropshire / Radford, Dublin, /   Maguire, Acton Burnell, /  Rudge, Frodesely, /

Offline eric

• RootsChat Senior
  • Thank you for any help
    • View Profile
Re: Edward DAVIES born circ 1792
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 21 January 07 10:43 GMT (UK) »
Pete
I am again not quite sure who I am replying to. Can I first take Pete and take you up on your generous offer to look at the Register for Worthen for 1851 and 1861[Am I being greedy] all Davies, Edward 1792, his wife Elizabeth 1891, Edwards brother Aeron 1889,, Edward. and Elizabeths,  sons Edward George Davies 1829, Thomas 1831, William 1834. Where were they and what were they doing? Thanks for your help. Eric.

Isobel.
Many thanks for your help, I am now doubtful if we are looking in the right  parish for the 1780's/ 90's period. In 1829 Edward Davies was a Shop Keeper in Llandrinio, we now know Aeron his brother was born1789 and Edward was born 1892. We know Edward was a miller in WORTHEN, maybe at two seperate mills. Did the mills come from his wife's Elizabeths family or did he suddenly change his proffession from a shop keeper? His brother was a shop keeper, as were his two eldest sons. Doe'sn't it get complicated. Very many thanks for your help.  I do hope you can enlighten me further , You have given me a lot to think about, Eric