Author Topic: cain and comish  (Read 2327 times)

Offline margaret elizabeth

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
cain and comish
« on: Wednesday 17 January 07 21:59 GMT (UK) »
any cain and comash rellies around,
i am looking for a catherine cain born to john thomas cain and julia cain (nee comash)  catherine was born douglas 1899/1900 i cant seem to find a marridge for her ive only looked at douglas , she did have a son in 1921 but was unmarried and the son was left with people called crennells in fredrick st but catherine may have left isle of man ,
im trying also to find her half sister harriet comash born 1883 to julia comish harriet had a daughter in 1900 all lived in bridge road douglas 1901 but no sign of her she also left her child with a miss morrison, so im looking for any info at all ive been looking and leaving messages on our manx site  ???

Offline XPhile2868

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: cain and comish
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 17 January 07 22:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat :)

The 1900 census record for the family is as follows. I'm not sure if you have it or not, so apologies if you already do.

John Thomas CAIN bc1864 German, IOM Coal Carter
Julia Jane CAIN bc1865 Patrick, IOM
John Joseph CAIN bc1894 Douglas, IOM
Catherine Elizabeth CAIN bc1900 Douglas, IOM
Harriet COMAISH bc1882 Lerayre, IOM  General Servant Domestic
Edith COMAISH bc1900 Braddan, IOM

Harriet was the neice of Julia. They lived at 14 Bridge Road

RG13/5305
Folio 6
Page 3

Stephen :)
Smith (Lancashire), McKenna (Ireland/Liverpool/Leyland), Maynard (Hertfordshire/London/Preston), Ricketts (Gloucestershire/Wigan/Preston), Scowcroft (Preston), Harling (N. Yorkshire/Lancashire), Willis (Preston), Clegg (Manchester/Preston), Dodd (Wigan/Cheshire), Alston (Lancashire), Hulks (Hertfordshire), Nicholson (Lancashire/Cumbria), Russell (Lancashire), Wilson (Cumbria), Bracewell (Lancashire), Moxham (Lancashire0

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline margaret elizabeth

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: cain and comish
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 17 January 07 23:05 GMT (UK) »
hi
 yes thankyou very much i have all the info you kindly gave me, harriet turned out to be the daughter of julia comash befor she married john thomas the census said niece but we found out it was julia daughter out of wedlock then in 1885 julia married john cain  john died in asylum 1902 --julia died 1929  in house of rest no children were mentioned as no stone, it is catherine after 1921 im searching for, thanks for replying