Author Topic: John PERRY - b. London abt 1562  (Read 2067 times)

Offline Critter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
John PERRY - b. London abt 1562
« on: Thursday 18 January 07 19:01 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find data on a John Perry who was born in London or possibly Middlesex abt 1562.  He married ?? abt 1588 in Devonshire.  They had a son Edmund born in Devonport,Devonshire in 1588/89.  Edmund emigrated to Mass,USA around 1636.
Many thanks for any assistance.  :)
John Harris, Mary James of Cardiganshire or Carmarthenshire.  Parish of Cenarth.
David and Mary Davies of Carmarthenshire or Cardiganshire.  All emigrated from Carmarthen in 1819 on the Brig Fanny to Nova Scotia.  WHO WHERE THEY? Who was John Perry b. London 1563 marr. Devonshire 1588 had a son Edmund b. 1598 in Devonshire.  Edmund emigrated to Mass,USA abt 1636.  Thank you for any assistance.

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
Re: John PERRY - b. London abt 1562
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 18 January 07 19:11 GMT (UK) »
Could Edmund's birthplace be Devonport?

There are several John and Edmund Perrys on www.familysearch.org site; however lots of the records are submitted.

Nanny Jan
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dollylee

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 March 07 08:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Critter

I am the 8th great-grandaughter of an Edmund Perry born approx. 1588 in Devon Co., England who married a Sarah ? abt. 1612 and had at least 2 children :  Ezra and Edward.

Would this possibly be the same Edmund?  My Edmund died in Sandwich, Barnstable, Mass. date unknown.

dollylee

Offline Critter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 19 March 07 18:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi! I have been doing family tree research for many years.
Thank you for replying to my request for help!
Edmund Perry is very suspect as to if he arrived in MA, there is no record of him, however, there is proof of Ezra (my family line) who was in Sandwich.  We don't know who Sarah really was, there are many theories.  For now, I have settled on Sarah Betts.
I think that we are on the same track, but it all comes down to proof (other than LDS).
If you have any more information on edmund or family, I would be most happy to receive it.
I won't give any one my research because it is still very much suspect.  However, IF I work this family relationship out you can have everything that I have.  I believe in the FREE flow of this data.
Thanks for replying.
My email address is Email removed to prevent spam hoping we can work to resolve this family.
John Harris, Mary James of Cardiganshire or Carmarthenshire.  Parish of Cenarth.
David and Mary Davies of Carmarthenshire or Cardiganshire.  All emigrated from Carmarthen in 1819 on the Brig Fanny to Nova Scotia.  WHO WHERE THEY? Who was John Perry b. London 1563 marr. Devonshire 1588 had a son Edmund b. 1598 in Devonshire.  Edmund emigrated to Mass,USA abt 1636.  Thank you for any assistance.