Author Topic: Parish Records - Baptism  (Read 1958 times)

Offline Ewan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Parish Records - Baptism
« on: Thursday 18 January 07 19:01 GMT (UK) »
Is there anyone that may be going to the Shropshire Record Office or has access to baptism records please?

I am looking for the baptism of a Maria Lewis birthdate 1813/1814 possibly in the Bridgnorth, Lee Brockhurst or Preston Brockhurst areas.

Any help very much appreciated.
Ewan

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Parish Records - Baptism
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 April 07 10:59 BST (UK) »

I am able to go to the Shropshire Archives, but unfortunately haven't been able to get there for a long time now - work commitments/young son etc etc.  I already have a huge list of "promises" for other members, but would be more than happy to add you at the bottom :) 

In the meantime, why not contact them direct.  The staff will do a 10 minute look up for free, so you may be lucky.

They will do enquiries via telephone or email, full details can be found on the website Click here

If they can't help you, let me know.
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline Ewan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Parish Records - Baptism
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 April 07 13:27 BST (UK) »
Hello Lloydy

I will contact Shropshire Archives later this week, thank you for their website.  I'll let you know how I get on, the only thing is it is a lot to ask for in just 10 minutes but if they can look through one parish it will help.

Ewan