Author Topic: wheeler of lydiard millicent. the butts parkside farm 1800s  (Read 4332 times)

Offline solitaire

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
wheeler of lydiard millicent. the butts parkside farm 1800s
« on: Friday 27 February 04 02:05 GMT (UK) »
Anyone researching the Wheeler surname!  My paternal grandmother is Emily Young formerly Wheeler who was, I believe, born in Lydiard Millicent around 1863.  Any info on her ancestry would be most welcome.  My Emily either co-habited with or married Charles Young(my paternal grandfather).  Any link between the two or any info regarding any of them would be great.  My father(Sidney Young) was born at 38 Avon Street, Walcot, Bath on 29/07/1909 one of twins.  His twin(Dorothy) died in early childhood.  Is it possible to trace Emily and Charles from my late father's birth certificate which would also then enable us to find their exact dates of birth and definite birthplace?  My father was the youngest of Emily and Charles's children, and, I was told, the only boy of the family.  Help!

Regards

Mary Young
RESEARCHING YOUNG/WHEELER OF SOMERSET/WILTSHIRE.  BURNS/HARTLEY, LOONEY, DEACON, SMITH ALL UK POSS IRELAND

Offline RootsChat

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • RootsChat Administration
    • View Profile
Re:wheeler of lydiard millicent. the butts parkside farm 1800s
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 February 04 21:39 GMT (UK) »
Dear Mary,

I did a quick search on the 1901 Census and found a Emily Wheeler 38 year old living in Cheverell Magna Wiltshire born in Great Cheverell Wiltshire. Could this be your Mary ?

For my search I used the online 1901 Census.

:D
Broken Links: Please report to us of any links that no longer work, or ones that are no longer appropriate by clicking the "Report to moderator" link on the message. Thanks! Get Poster

Offline solitaire

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 February 04 22:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi there.  Thanks so much for that information.  I'm sure this must be the Emily we're searching for.  I can't tell you how much this helps our search.  This is a great site.  Can't think how I didn't find it before yesterday.  This is really very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Mary Young
RESEARCHING YOUNG/WHEELER OF SOMERSET/WILTSHIRE.  BURNS/HARTLEY, LOONEY, DEACON, SMITH ALL UK POSS IRELAND

Offline Shirley Sweetland

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 26 April 04 09:47 BST (UK) »
Hi there is an Emily Wheeler on the 1881 census CD born 1863 at Lydiard Milicent and living in Walcot Somerset. There is also a Charles Young lodging at an address in Walcot.
If you'd like to e-mail me I will send the info.

Regards
Shirley
Sweetland-Sth London/Wilts
Dalton- Battersea/Mitcham/Merton/City of London
Godwin- Wilts
Murison- Scotland/USA/Quebec
Skinner/Latter/Moon - Tonbridge & Wadhurst
Banks - Merton, Surrey

Offline sharles

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Happy Hunting
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 22 May 04 04:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary.

One set of my GGG grandparents were James Wheeler married to Mary Weeks.  according to the IGI on the Family /search website, they were married 10 NOV 1833   Ringwood, Hampshire, England.

Their daughter Sarah ann wheeler married a Stephan Mongoer in Australia in 1862.

I was wondering if you might have come across these names in your reseach??

Would love hear you have.    ;)

Sharles   ;D
Names of interest:

Huggett; Churchill; Taylor; Ridley; Teague; Pearson; Hynes; Stewart; Mongor; Bishop; Barry; Johnson; Cumming; Wheeler.... for now.

Sharles

Offline solitaire

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: wheeler of lydiard millicent. the butts parkside farm 1800s
« Reply #5 on: Monday 09 August 04 19:09 BST (UK) »
Hello Sharles.  Sorry if I've not replied to your message before now.  I've only just seen it.  Have I answered it before or am I going senile lol.  Sorry, but I haven't come across your James and Mary as far as I can remember.  There are so many Wheelers and Youngs(my paternal and maternal grandparents) in Somerset and Wiltshire that it's difficult to determine which ones are ours.  I will look for your relatives though, now I've seen your messagel properly and see if they are related to our family.  I haven't been doing much searching recently, which is why I'm not sure if I've already replied to your message.

Kind regards

Mary Young