Author Topic: 1851 lookup ROBINSON please  (Read 10756 times)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 lookup ROBINSON please
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 03 June 15 13:02 BST (UK) »
Good to hear from you and thanks for the extra information.

I'm glad you managed to find the family in 1911. I'll see if I can track them down now that I know they are there somewhere. :)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 lookup ROBINSON please
« Reply #28 on: Friday 04 September 15 01:29 BST (UK) »
I received a PM from wwheel and as it contains information that may help future researchers, I will post it here:

Hi Ruskie, just looked the message board and read the new posts about the Robinson family from Helpringham, it always good to read fresh info on the Robinson family.  Only guessing that the John Robinson in my tree could be the son of Thomas Robinson, publican, from Helpringham.

As far as I can see in my varying notes, Rebecca Day married John Robinson in Sleaford on 13th May 1847, on the marriage certificate John was a farmer, residence at the time of the marriage was Helpringham, father Thomas Robinson, publican.  There is a birth certificate for Fanny Robinson, daughter of John and Rebecca, born 16th March 1848, in the district of Aswarby.  Another birth certificate for Charles Robinson, born 1852 registered in the sub district of Gosberton, from the notes looks like he was known as Chas, and possibly lived in Retford also.  John and Rebecca's daughter Fanny married William Goodliff (of Horbling, Lincs), and resided in the Half Moon public house in Retford, Nottinghamshire.  John Robinson (m.1847) would have been my g-g-g-g-grandfather if that is of any help.  Tried over years to try and find out more about Rebecca Day, as far as I could see from the censuses, she may have been born in Bolingbroke Fen/allotment, a newly drained and created fen when she was born in approx 1802, some of the censuses say she was born in Boston, Lincs, have searched baptism records with no luck, will keep on searching.