Author Topic: Thomas BROWN [1750-1816]  (Read 4726 times)

Offline Patricia jackson

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas BROWN [1750-1816]
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 25 January 07 16:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Reiver and Michael, thanks for your replies and interest, you are quite right somehow I missed out the 1st George born and died in 1785. I must say I didn't realise there were townships as well as parishes to consider   ???. their first son Thomas who  married an Alice is on the 1841 census age 75 as living at Cresswell Village. My father is a Brown who was born at Newbiggin, his mother was an Ann Renner Storey.her father was Edward Renner Storey brother of Adam, and there are quite a few Twizells too. I do not have a burial register for Woodhorn and it is only info that I was told that they were buried there.[chinese whispers and all that!] I have applied for membership with NDFHS but am still waiting to hear something from them. The websites look interesting  thanks  for them, I think I will try and get the books that one of them recommends. I do have a membership with curious fox, and I have occasionally had a reply to a posting. Just a thought although Thomas snr married at Woodhorn his son married at Warkworth, - but then again his wife Alice was christened there.  :)
Brown, Twizell, Storey & fenwick  from Northumberland, Parkinson, from Lincolnshire, Kelly, Kinsella  & Mcguire from Ireland. Mellor originally from Derbyshire, Allens from Norfolk and Jackson originally from Sutton Coldfield.