Author Topic: Which one is it????  (Read 2542 times)

Offline anne

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Which one is it????
« on: Friday 19 January 07 19:40 GMT (UK) »
One of my ancestors is on all the census records as being born at Holystone Northumberland,thats where there is a problem,there are 2 Holystones in Northumberland,i havent got her maiden name either,and by the time the first census was taken for Alnwick where she lived with her husband and family she was married.So 2 questions,how do i find which Holystone she was born in and how will i find her maiden name.I think its possible she was born in the Holystone near Rothbury because she married someone from Carlisle St Mary and lived and died in Alnwick.Hope someone can help.Anne.
Ayrshire,Kennedy,Faulds,Cuthbert,Crawford,Young,Edgar,Bell
Dundee,Nicol,Cant,Kennedy,Jamison,
Dumfrieshire,Wilson,Maxwell,Lammie,Cowan,Young,

Offline sem73

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Which one is it????
« Reply #1 on: Friday 19 January 07 19:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Anne

Have you got any names or dates??  ;D

Sarah :)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Davies/Griffiths/Smith/Woodward/Goodwin/Morrlle/Moralee - Flintshire

Moralee (and variants) - Durham

Offline anne

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 19 January 07 20:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sarah,all i have is her name was Mabel,born in Holystone Northumberland in about 1795,she married Thomas Renwick born in St Marys Carlisle.Mabel and her husband are on all the census records from 1841.Thankyou.Anne.

Offline 2zpool

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 19 January 07 20:59 GMT (UK) »
There are two Mabel Renwick birth registered for 1842.  One should be it. (Please use this spelling or they won't issue a certificate)

1842 June ¼ Alnwick 25 218

1842 Dec ¼ Alnwick 25 215

You could order the certificate with a reference of the parents names Thomas and Mabel.

In the 1841 census I see a another Mabel child and a George.  There is a birth registered that might fit George as George Ainsley Renwick 1839 Dec¼ Alnwick 25 186 then a subsequent death for George Ainsley Renwick also a death the same quarter-Sept1841 for a Mabel Renwick. 

I have checked my transcripts of C of E marriages 1813-1837 for Northumberland and saw no Thomas Renwick marrying anyone named Mabel.

Hope this gives you some ideas

Janis
Co. Durham:  Hall, Snowdon, Makepeace, Barnfather, Barrass, Gray/Grey, Wilson, Carr, Cole, Richardson, Greener, Lamb
Northumberland:  Grey/Gray, Richardson, Barnfather, Heron, Redpath
------------------------------------------------------------------
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline anne

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 19 January 07 21:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Janis,thankyou for taking the time to look for me.Thomas from Carlisle and Mabel from Holystone did have a daughter named Mabel born Alnwick c1836,her siblings were John born c1815,James c1820, Thomas c1821,another James {first one must have died} born c1824,Eleanor born c1831,William born c1833,Robert born c1838 and George born 1840.They were all born Alnwick and they were catholics.Mabel from Holystone was alive in the 1851 census but dead by 1861.Anne.