Author Topic: Hawick and the Great War 1914-1919  (Read 93416 times)

Offline bougie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hawick and the Great War 1914-1919
« Reply #99 on: Friday 11 September 09 20:51 BST (UK) »
I will get back to you on that one next week Shelley S
Bouglas, Hogg, Crozier,Selkirkshire.; Duff,Berwickshire. Hogarth,Berwickshire.; Short,Blythe,Moore and Sproat, Ettrick;  Offord,Gould,Essex; Mcvittie,Langholm.;Armstrong,Chambers, Cononbie.
Moore,Ewes Dumfriesshire;

Offline bougie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Friday 11 September 09 20:53 BST (UK) »
Dear Bougie..

I would really appreciate it if you would look up my great grandfather Robert Milligan Henderson.. He was in the Royal Engineers. 
Let me know if you need more information..
Thanks in anticipation
cheers
Tabily
Sorry Tabily but i can't find him in book. My mate has my other one at the mo but if it's in there i will get back to you.
bougie
Bouglas, Hogg, Crozier,Selkirkshire.; Duff,Berwickshire. Hogarth,Berwickshire.; Short,Blythe,Moore and Sproat, Ettrick;  Offord,Gould,Essex; Mcvittie,Langholm.;Armstrong,Chambers, Cononbie.

Offline bougie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Friday 11 September 09 20:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Bougie,

Do you have any information in your book about a John Edmondson, born 24/6/1892 in Hawick.  His parents were Richard Edmondson and Elizabeth Pattison Kennedy.  John emigrated to Canada in 1912 and joined the 48th Canadian Highlanders (Reg No 27062) at the outbreak of WW1.  He married my grandfathers sister Jessie Hogg Wilkinson in 1917 in Hawick.

Also, my grandfathers brother William Briggs Wilkinson, born 11/04/1897 in Hawick and he joined the Seaforth Highlanders.  His WW1 Medal Rolls Index Card gives his Reg No as S/7696, 5348 and 267704.  Williams parents were William Briggs Wilkinson and Mary Hogg.

Thanks for looking.

Ritchie
sorry to you too Richie there are two Edmondsons in book. A George and a C S M R if you want them let me know
bougie

Offline shelley S

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Friday 11 September 09 23:49 BST (UK) »
I will get back to you on that one next week Shelley S

Cheers Bougie

Offline tabily

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Saturday 12 September 09 02:56 BST (UK) »
Thanks Bougie..I appreciate your time and effort! ;D
Beatty - Rathfriland, Ireland, Beattie - Sydney, Australia, Lewin - UK, Australia, Henderson - Scotland/Australia, Winter- Germany/Australia, Leverton - Devon/Australia, Smith, Sisson, Barr - Ireland/Australia, Hayes - Ireland/Australia, Forbes - Scotland/Newcastle, Australia

Offline chipstart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: Monday 23 November 09 20:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bougie,

could you please check for any mention of 3 Huggan family members I am researching, killed in the Great War.
John Huggan husband of Wihelmina Parker,father Thomas Huggan,mother Jessie Douglas.
William Huggan, John's brother.
James Jeffrey Huggan,husband of Isabella Clark,father John Huggan,mother Mary Welsh.

Hi Terie, I also have a photograph of James Jeffrey Huggan - I don't know if it's the same as the one you already have but it's an extract from a local newspaper with a paragraph beneath. If it's different from the one you have pm me and perhaps we can swap images?
Nicola

James J Huggan was a cousin of John and William Huggan.

I believe William and James lived in Hawick and John had immigrated to Canada.
Thanks for any help,

Amanda,
Canada.

Offline Cathiemay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday 08 December 09 16:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi bougie,
              I have just came across your offer to look up names in your book.   I wonder if you have a  John Storie born around 1887  from Wilton. Hawick. He joined the K.O.S.B around 1914.   I think he  was a baker .
                                                 Cathiemay.

Offline rrylatt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday 09 December 09 03:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi aricandec
Was it same book. Would never give mine up as it was my grandfathers and it contains family members. Just of interest, where did it sell about? Was it this country ?
bougie

Offline rrylatt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday 09 December 09 04:10 GMT (UK) »
bougie
I am at a loss perhaps you can help me..A relative of mine William Thomas (middle name Henry but rarely used) born about 1889 Liverpool last address in 1914 was 81a Barndale RD Mossley Hill Liverpool.was killed in WW1 he served in the Kings(Liverpool) reg.Battalion unknown BUT could have been the 18th as his brother Edward Walter Thomas  served in the 18thBn and was killed 11th Feb 1916 France aged 22(Re CWCG on line) Mother of both was Mary Ann(Annie) Thomas, Father was Edward Thomas (died 1902).
Edwards Army record stated his next of kin was William Thomas so I assume William would have said Edward Thomas was next of kin..Street directory of 81a Barndale rd says householder was Annie Thomas.for years 1914,1918-23
William's  Army record must have been lost in ww2 Medal records has a William Thomas and number ..but no address Can you Please help.
Thank you
Ray