Author Topic: Thomas Nelson c1910 Harrogate  (Read 2575 times)

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Nelson c1910 Harrogate
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 20 January 07 18:46 GMT (UK) »
I stopped looking when I got to 1940 as I didnt know how many more children there were in the family
Isobel
Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline scruffypup

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 20 January 07 20:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Isobel

With the leads you've given me I've already been able to find Dorothy Butters parents Alfred Butters and Rose Ann Lince born March 1890 and married in Sept Qtr 1913, so that's a brilliant start. Thomas A Nelson is a bit elusive but I'll find him.

Many thanks
Yours Julie

Offline Butters77

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 24 July 14 16:15 BST (UK) »
Hi My name is Richard Butters and my dad was Maurice Derek Butters (Harrogate).  Dorothy was my Aunt 'Dot'.  Dad had brothers (my uncles) William, Roy, Terry, Arthur, Raymond

Roy and William are still alive but unfortunately my dad and Terry, Arthur, Raymond have passed away

You are right grandma had a baby 'out of wedlock', my dad hence the name Butters but subsequently married a Nelson and the remaining sons were born as Nelson's.  I used to visit Grandma and Grandad every Sunday.  They lived on Strawberry Dale - Harrogate

I have just started to research the family and would very mush like to see what you have

Offline scruffypup

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 24 July 14 17:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Richard

Welcome to Rootschat, there are some fantastic people on here who will help wherever they can.  I've been researching for 7 years now and without the help of people like John Butters and Raymond Stacey I would never have come so far in finding hubbys ancestors, also your Auntie Lena (Selina), Derek and Terrys sister gave me a lot of information and photos to scan of the Butters family.

I don't know how far you've got with your research but hopefully I can help you as far back as your 10 x Gt Grandfather Richard Parfeye c1560 Fritton Norfolk (Caroline Perfect your 2 x Gt Grandmother married Walter Butters, and that's how the Perfects tie into your family) the earliest Butter I have is William and Rebekah your 6 x Gt Grandparents, and John Nolson/Nelson your 7 x Gt Grandfather. 

I have had to change my family tree several times a new leads come to light and you will find that it is always wise to double check any information, that's why there are a few ancestors in hubby's tree with tbc (to be confirmed).

I showed Pete your post and he said to ask you about your Dad and his old vauxhalls :)

I'll send you a PM after I post this message

Julie

Offline dcm3283

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 13 April 22 14:24 BST (UK) »
Hi.
Just stumbled across this post online, my Grandmother was Selina (Lena) Dilasser (née Nelson).

She recently passed away but I'm keen to learn more about the family?

Cheers

David

Offline scruffypup

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 19 June 22 10:42 BST (UK) »
Hi David

Please excuse my very late reply, the email from rootschat was lost in a pile of emails I received around that time. I was really sad to hear about Auntie Lena, she was always so happy and I loved seeing her out and about on her bike going to the shops bargain hunting, she was a lovely lady and I once had the pleasure of spending an afternoon with her  talking about the Nelson family and scanning her old family photos to save for Terrys side of the family, I've found a lot more info on the Nelson's since my original post, I'll send you a message, don't like putting too much on public domain.

Regards
Julie