Author Topic: BLUTTE 1841, 1851, 1861  (Read 858 times)

Offline Kiwi007

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
BLUTTE 1841, 1851, 1861
« on: Sunday 21 January 07 22:14 GMT (UK) »
Hello again,

I am hoping to find some BLUTTE families in the censuses - I am not sure many are still in England as there is a dearth on FREE BMD !

Jacques BLUTTE may appear, as well as Peter, James, Esther, and Joseph. They will all have been born late 1700's and early 1800's.

It is a very difficult family to trace as I fear they changed the spelling or emigrated, however, I would be most grateful if anyone can find even one family!\

I should add that the professions of this family would have been anything to do with silk, hats, weaving and perhaps bookbinding or paper making.

Many thanks
Jocelyn

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: BLUTTE 1841, 1851, 1861
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 January 07 22:28 GMT (UK) »
Peter Blutte 61 inmate French Hospital Finsbury St Luke born in county
HO107 668/8 fol 3 p 1
Description;-The hospital for poor French Protestants and their descendents in Gt Britain

Thomas Blutt 21 Warrior Convict Hulk Greenwich Woolwich Kent b out of county convict labourer
HO107 493/9 fol 7 p8

John Blute 30 mathematical case maker
Mary 40
Charles 15 silk cone maker
all born out of county
Bulls Head Court St Mary Newington Lambeth
HO107 1065/5 fol 13 p 19
Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 21 January 07 22:29 GMT (UK) »
None of that exact spelling on the 1851 census, but you mention Esther ....

40 Thomas Street, Bethnal Green
Esther Blute Head U 68 Handloom Weaver Bethnal Green
Elizabeth Sister U 66                "                       "
HO107/ 1542; Folio: 20; Page: 33

There are Bluths in London, but the names you mention are not together in families.  Perhaps you could be more specific with dates matching names and whether they are married and who to.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 21 January 07 22:42 GMT (UK) »
Esther Blutte 76 unmarr  fund holder b Bethnal Green
Elizabeth Blutte 78  unmarr  ditto         ditto
boarding with Edward Cooper 49 druggists assistant b Walthamstow
 St Peters Square Bethnal Green London
RG9 252 fol 167 p49

Joseph Blutte 71 inmate French Hospital Bath Street St Luke London
silk weaver b Bethnal Green
RG9 203 fol62 p3
Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kiwi007

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 21 January 07 23:20 GMT (UK) »
Wonderful! Thanks so much for all this- and so quick!

Peter is one of mine and Esther  ( died 1864 Bethnal Green)and Elizabeth( died 1876 aged 91 in Hackney) are his cousins.

It is very interesting that the BLUTTE sisters are staying with a family of druggists - this COOPER family may be related via my REYNOLDS connection who were also druggists or chemists

Peter died in st Lukes in 1856 it seems

Not sure who James belongs to but he died in Hackney in 1856- no age

Joseph died aged 85 in 1876, Hackney, so born 1791., pity we can't find his family

The BLUTTE families I am after were all born London and mostly christened French huguenot. They spread out to Bethnal Green and Shoreditch..and it seems some went to Kent and Surrey - perhaps not by choice!

I will have to trace young Thomas BLUTTE, as he was probably transported somewhere- probably Tasmania. He must have been one of the first convicts to be on the Warrior as a convict ship ( it started as a convict ship 1840) - lucky huh.

John Charles BLUTTE married Mary Mason, 20 Oct 1826 in London and their son was christened in Stepney 1829 - although born 5 Feb 1826 ( another premmie!)

I noticed the name BLUTH on Free BMD - but they don't seem to have the usual family names that appear in the BLUTTe family.

Did Edward COOPER have a family with him?

This is really good to find some of  them still in England , many thanks again

Cheers
Jocelyn

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 21 January 07 23:42 GMT (UK) »
Edward Cooper 49
Sarah 49 b Bethnal Green
Sarah J Cooper 15 ditto
Ellen D Stevens 62 retired governess b Portsea Hants
Elizth Blutte 78 Bethnal Green
Esther Blutte 76 ditto

Offline Kiwi007

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 22 January 07 09:48 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much for that extra info - I had a look to see who Edward married and it was Sarah HARRISON - John Reynolds married a Mary Ann HARRISON, so there may well be a link - to find it is going to be a long job though methinks!

Many thanks again

Jocelyn

Offline Dothea1954

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 03 February 24 10:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I have a lot of information on the Blutte family, it was my mothers maiden name.

John Charles Blutte who married Mary Mason in 1826 was my 3X GF.

I'm not sure if I am allowed to put my email address on here so send me a private message. Please get in touch & I will send you everything I have.

Best Regards
Chris