Author Topic: National Probate Index  (Read 623 times)

Offline caron

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
National Probate Index
« on: Saturday 20 November 04 15:44 GMT (UK) »
Does anybody know if this probate index is for all of the United Kingdom. I have only just heard about this index.  I saw a mention of this index in the Centre for Buckinghamshire studies and wondered if you can only view it in a local studies centre or records office or whether it is available to buy.

Does anyone have access to this index? I would be particularly interested in Bedfordshire and Southwark.

Thanks for your replies
Regards Caron
Mayhew of Coddenham,, Rogers of Southwark, Green of Leighton Buzzard. Greens of Islington.Challis of Southwark, Goddard Islington/Redgrave, Chamberlain of Kettering, Price of St Pancras, Selman of Middlesex. Dench of Littleport. Curtis southwark/Bristol

Offline nigels

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: National Probate Index
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 February 05 21:50 GMT (UK) »
Bedford Records Office has the full uk index.  For each probate entry it contains the £ value of the estate and sometime details of who is to receive the ££, along with location and relation.  You can obtain a copy of the probate will from York.

Offline caron

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: National Probate Index
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 06 October 05 14:46 BST (UK) »
thank you for your reply. I am sorry I overlooked your reply to my request.
Apologises

Caron
Mayhew of Coddenham,, Rogers of Southwark, Green of Leighton Buzzard. Greens of Islington.Challis of Southwark, Goddard Islington/Redgrave, Chamberlain of Kettering, Price of St Pancras, Selman of Middlesex. Dench of Littleport. Curtis southwark/Bristol