Author Topic: confused  (Read 1192 times)

Offline dwalin

• RootsChat Veteran
  • looking into the past.lets you see the future
    • View Profile
confused
« on: Wednesday 24 January 07 13:20 GMT (UK) »
could someone help me
why would my ggg grandad get married in gateshead when all other censuses and such refer to him being from shotley.
his wife was born there also.

his name was william davison and hers was elizabeth bell

i have found a marriege entry 14, 11 ,1835 in gateshead

this is the only marriege i can find with the correct names.

i have there childrens birth certs as proof of mothers maiden name.

william was a mason.not sure how i go back from this .
thank you dwalin
harris , penrose,jose.davison.layton.leighton.summerson.bennet.clasper.wallett.cadwallader.johnson.jobling.bell (cook?)      />craig.stokoe.marshall.chalmers.white.bainbridge.waite.trevena.trenwith.polkinghorn.dixon.jopling.powell.ivey.greenhow
lloyd

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: confused
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 24 January 07 15:19 GMT (UK) »
He could have been born in Shotley, moved to Gateshead for employment and married there.

Jennifer
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 24 January 07 15:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
   perhaps Elizabeth is from Gateshead,and that's where William met her, I have an ancestor ,who I know was born in Cheadle, and yet in census's she's down as born in Longton...
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline dwalin

• RootsChat Veteran
  • looking into the past.lets you see the future
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 24 January 07 18:24 GMT (UK) »
thank you this is what worries me the most i think.that elizabeth is from somewhere compleatly different from where the census says.thus leaving me with a dead end.i am gratefull for your help.dwalin
harris , penrose,jose.davison.layton.leighton.summerson.bennet.clasper.wallett.cadwallader.johnson.jobling.bell (cook?)      />craig.stokoe.marshall.chalmers.white.bainbridge.waite.trevena.trenwith.polkinghorn.dixon.jopling.powell.ivey.greenhow
lloyd