Author Topic: ( Lancashire) 1871 Census Lookup Request Please For Mary Susan Rossiter  (Read 2883 times)

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: ( Lancashire) 1871 Census Lookup Request Please For Mary Susan Rossiter
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 25 January 07 21:41 GMT (UK) »
I havent found a Thomas Huddy Rossiter on any census.Wonder if its a mistranscription and he was Henry.Theres a death
Thomas Henry Rossiter 26 West Derby Mar qu 1971 8b 428 which would fit nicely  with Ann being widowed in 71 and the youngest child Thomas 3mths old.
Isobel

Ive just checked the birth and marriage images and he was Thomas Huddy 1845 Liverpool ,so Im at a loss now.
Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rcuser

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "The truth is out there",Special Agent Fox Mulder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 25 January 07 21:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Isobel,

Thanks for that. 1845 would be about right as his wife was born about 1846. I do some digging around and see what I can find.

Best wishes

rcuser
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Researching Rossiter, Finn, Wright, Vaughan, Bloor, Acton, Clay, Moorhouse, Foxall, Hart, Knott and many other families

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 25 January 07 22:07 GMT (UK) »
I wonder.note the mothers name
James Rossiter 65 cabinet maker b Ireland
Susan M 56 wife b Offchurch Warwickshire
John H 19 clerk solicitors gen b Liverpool
Thomas 17 clerk merchants b Liverpool
address Christian Street Liverpool
RG9 2692 FOL 68 P 17

Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rcuser

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 25 January 07 23:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Isobel,

That's really interesting as I have this family in my database already. Here's the thread I started about 2 to 3 years ago:-

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,18922.0.html

I also found an incomplete birth entry on FreeBMD in the March Qtr of 1845 at Liverpool for Thomas _____ Rossiter.

It's possible it could be this family as they used Susan's maiden name ( Handley) as a Christian name. If it is him his brother was John Handley Rossiter. I suppose Handley if badly written could be mistaken for Huddy then again so could Henry.

Wonder if it's possible to access that birth record from another source which has a clearer transcription?

Best wishes

rcuser

Researching Rossiter, Finn, Wright, Vaughan, Bloor, Acton, Clay, Moorhouse, Foxall, Hart, Knott and many other families

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 25 January 07 23:48 GMT (UK) »
Hello Rcuser.I had a look at that image and it does say Thomas Huddy Rossiter as it does on marriage image.I suppose who ever transcribed it didnt like to make the guess at it.I can save the images for you if youd like a look at the original.The death one if it is Thomas Huddy has been typed up so cant see the original writing.
Just finished reading your thread,that is such a coincidence,it has to be Handley with all those different accents its no wonder it was misspelt.
I looked for 3 years for a marriage of Henry Lee to Hannah Varvell Hyms that was what it said on daughters birth cert turned out it was Hannah Varwell Eames b Brixham
Good luck.Hope you have some more leads now
Isobel(off to bed now)

Offline rcuser

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 26 January 07 07:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Isobel,

Thanks again for that. I'd appreciate a look at the images please if you have them. Can you send them to ymuseruk@yahoo.com please?

When you get a spare minute could you also look at James & Susan's family in the 1841 & 1851 Censuses please to see if Thomas the son does have the 'H' initial or perhaps even the name Handley displayed?

Best wishes

rcuser