Author Topic: 2nd Marriage Look Up, Liverpool, Smith. Completed Thank You  (Read 2374 times)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: 2nd Marriage Look Up, Liverpool, Smith.
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 25 January 07 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I personally would be inclined to get the daughters birth cert first to check mothers maiden name before I sent for the marriage cert

Do you know Alfred's fathers name?  If so - you could put that condition on the marriage cert request that you only want it if groom's fathers name was ????
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Scouse

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 26 January 07 14:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carole.

Thanks for your last message, I'm going to sort something out over the week-end, and do an up-date later on.

Kind Regards Scouse.
Smith, Davies, Myers, Hickey, Hunt, Maxwell, Bennett, Harrison, Mitchell, Gill, Peers, Young, Jardine Scott, Patterson, Williams, Roberts, McNally, Critchley, Nicholas, LLoyd, Cowley, Hanks, Wilson, Burgess, Standen,
Liverpool. Ireland. Scotland. New Zealand.

Offline Scouse

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 2nd Marriage Look Up, Liverpool, Smith. Update
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 27 January 07 20:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carole & Andrea.

Thought about what you had advised, and decided to take a chance this morning, and E mail Liverpool Records Office, I explained that I wanted a copy of the Marriage Cert 1854 Alfred Smith & Elizabeth Harrison, but because of the number of Smiths around at that time, I needed some verification as to Alfreds occupation, well when I got in to-night, there it was with compliments SHIPWRIGHT.
So I am going to send for the Cert, and I can't thank you enough for your guidance. couldn't have done it without you.

Kindest Regards  Scouse ;D
Smith, Davies, Myers, Hickey, Hunt, Maxwell, Bennett, Harrison, Mitchell, Gill, Peers, Young, Jardine Scott, Patterson, Williams, Roberts, McNally, Critchley, Nicholas, LLoyd, Cowley, Hanks, Wilson, Burgess, Standen,

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 27 January 07 21:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Really glad we were able to help.  Thank goodness his christian name was Alfred and not John - a lot less of them around
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Scouse

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 27 January 07 22:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carole.

That was the second marriage, completed
The eldest son of the first marriage was born in 1847, between then and 1851, his mother Eliza Smith nee Hickey Died,
I have researched Ancestry from 1847 - 1851, for her death and have come up with only 4 possibilities, all 1847, none after that
Eliza Smith Oct Qtr. 20 page 495
  ""                              ""        422
  ""                              ""        407
  ""                              ""        422.

I will post a look up on the the look up offers site, widowers name Alfred Smith, what do you think. 

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 27 January 07 22:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Was their son born in the October quarter - possible death in childbirth?

I have sent you a pm