Author Topic: What a fantastic New Year I am having  (Read 3838 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: What a fantastic New Year I am having
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 25 January 07 19:00 GMT (UK) »
Carol

I'm ever so pleased for you.You've worked hard on this line (and lots of others). Well done andhope you have lots of joy with your new found rellies. I certainly did when I found mine  :)

Happy New Year indeed.

Gadget  :-*
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 25 January 07 19:03 GMT (UK) »
I'm now trying to email all the other members of the family that are related to them so we can join them all in one email circle.

Have made a small start to the booklet but will have to wait until everyone has sent me some stories, memories etc to put into it

Oh I'm having a good night

I wish you all the same luck as I have had in just three weeks of this year  ;D

Carol
(still not stopped smiling and jumping about)
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>

Offline Ragna

• RootsChat Extra
  • My namesake Ragna (1868 - 1897) Norway
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 25 January 07 19:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi there Carol

That is such fabulous news for you and your family and like you say what a great start to the new year !!!  Think you have done so wonderful especially when its not even in this country.

Ragna  ;D
McLaven - Camberwell
Dyer - St Pancras
Terrey - London
Stanton - Oxon
Wilkins - Weeley
Avis - London
Rasmussen/Soeter - Norway
Brent - Holsworthy Devon
Hawes - Bedfordshire
Tysoe - Bedfordshire

Offline jericho

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 25 January 07 19:30 GMT (UK) »
Carol

Well done !!  just goes to show that all the hard work does eventually pay off. And that we should never give up hope. Good luck with your new found family.
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Counting my Blessings...not the years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 25 January 07 21:07 GMT (UK) »
Wow Carol .... how inspiring ... I 'll keep looking and living in hope ... Pleased as punch for you .. I think a loud and rousing "YeeeeeeHaaaaaa is in order !! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Poll....  ;)
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople

Offline KathMc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 25 January 07 21:08 GMT (UK) »
Carol,

I don't know if you have posted other places regarding them, but what kind of booklets are you talking about? I love ideas for ways to share my research with people, so just curious.

Kath
Sligo: Davey (also Mayo), McCluskey, McNulty
Wexford and Staffordshire: Hayes, McClean
Galway and Staffordshire: Scott
Coventry: Wells, Collins, Palmer, Moody, Beck, Mickelwright, Husbands
Ireland: McNulty (Sligo), Kealy, Murphy (Carlow) Connolly, Gillen, Powell, Ryan, Moore, Martin
Davis from I don't know where originally
Stahl, Russia to England to USA

Offline CarolBurns

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 25 January 07 21:22 GMT (UK) »
I'm not sure to be honest Kath

At first I thought something like a book starting with Francis Bruno Lopez and working down with a chapter for each person. I would include photos (if I have them) and possibly little memories that members of the family have for each person.

I have done the first page but then stopped while I had a good think about what to put into it.

The main problem will be printing it out - how to print it out as a booklet as I have no programme that would do that. Doing it as a PDF is okay for those with a computer but many don't have one. Putting it onto CD as a slide show would be a good idea but again some don't have computers

Anyone know of any good cheap (if not free) programmes that I can use to publish as a book

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>

Offline KathMc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 26 January 07 10:57 GMT (UK) »
I am sure there are programs out there but I think any word processing program (are they still called that?) would allow you to design the pages, with any margins you want, some design elements on the page if you want and page numbers. The issue would become getting it bound, which many printers do. Even Kinos does it, if you have those there. I just received a "book" from my father's cousin's cousin on the other side. It is a little book about his memories over the last 70 plus years. It is spiral bound and the cover is heavier stock paper with clip art on it, but photos would work. The stories themselves are lovely, but he didn't think there was a need for proofreading it so it is chockful of mistakes and very scattered. Believe me, there is a need for proofreading, and I am not just saying that because I am a professional proofreader and copy editor.

I hope this helps.

Kath
Sligo: Davey (also Mayo), McCluskey, McNulty
Wexford and Staffordshire: Hayes, McClean
Galway and Staffordshire: Scott
Coventry: Wells, Collins, Palmer, Moody, Beck, Mickelwright, Husbands
Ireland: McNulty (Sligo), Kealy, Murphy (Carlow) Connolly, Gillen, Powell, Ryan, Moore, Martin
Davis from I don't know where originally
Stahl, Russia to England to USA

Offline CarolBurns

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 26 January 07 13:26 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Kath - all help is appreciated.

Proofreading will definitely be something I will do - too many names and places with wierd spellings not to do that lol

Carol