Author Topic: Ferguson's from Islay  (Read 10542 times)

Offline ErinFerg511

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ferguson's from Islay
« Reply #9 on: Friday 17 May 19 14:13 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have been trying to research my Ferguson ancestors and have hit a brick wall at my third great-grandfather, John Ferguson (1815-1892). For a long time I was lead to believe that he was born in Ayr to John Fergus(s)on and Nancy Miller. Now, I am beginning to think he may have been a Kilchoman Ferguson. I don't have much concrete evidence about his life, other than potential hints, like having two younger brothers, Donald and Neil. But I can't find anything and I really do hope that my ancestors came from Kilchoman! I would greatly appreciate any insights! I have done an Ancestry DNA test, but have been far too busy with other stuff to properly go through the results.

Erin

Offline whips55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 30 May 19 20:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Erin

I have those names in my Ferguson family tree as well. John , Neil and Donald as the younger brother. Donald was my connection. I've taken the DNA test as well and will search to see if we are a match at Ancestry. You can contact me at whips55@yahoo.com

Also check out my tree to see if that helps.

Offline raonull4

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 13 July 19 17:56 BST (UK) »
hi
   islay births show a birth of Neil Ferguson to John Ferguson And  ? Nancy  1824 kilnalin, Killarrow,
1841 census shows same parents with 2 sons Donald and Neil in Kilchoman Donald being the older son at 22 if these are your Johns Brothers then John would be older,
any info you have on the brother John may help me locate him on islay