Author Topic: Gleeson - Fedamore  (Read 20450 times)

Offline boolavoord

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gleeson - Fedamore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 08 February 09 23:35 GMT (UK) »
If any out there have knowledge of the Kelly's from Boolavoord, please contact me.  I was in Fedamore in 1994, 1997 and 2004 poking around.  In 1997, I met the pleasant priest in Fedamore, whose name escapes me now.  I couldn't find any headstones of Kellys in Fedamore.  In 1997, it looked liked the Catholic cemetary in Fedamore had been subject to grave robbing.  I remember broken tombs with visible bones.  Sad. 

There are many Gleesons in Fedamore, and they've been there a long time.  I doubt many Gleesons from Fedamore are not related, distantly.  I read with interest Wynham's reference to one Johanna Gleeson.  Though not an uncommon name, I wonder whether it was passed down the same line as the Johanna Gleeson who married Cornelius Kelly in 1848 before emigrating to Illinois. Those are my immigrant ancestors, both born in Boolavoord.   Interestingly, these two, though certainly from Boolavoord, were married nearby in Monister.   I believe Johanna's father was Thomas Gleeson, but I couldn't confirm that.
Kelly, McDermott, Connolly, McKune, Etchingham, Quane
Boolavoord, Fedamore, County Limerick

Offline wyndham

• --
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 09 February 09 18:34 GMT (UK) »
In the 1911 cenus, a Denis Kelly, aged 77, pensioner is shown living at Boolavoord, Fedamore with James and Ellen Gleeson.  All I know is that he is related to these Gleesons.

Whether he is one of your Kellys I would not know.

If you look at local records for this period you will see their are 2 separate Gleeson families livng next door to each other in Boolavoord but as far as I am aware they were not related!

Offline Maresa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 22 February 09 23:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I have read your message on the Kellys and Gleesons.
I have a connection to Kellys but at the moment i cannot tell you if it is through the Gleesons or Minihans. I know the Kellys that i am trying to connect had a butchers or Pork shop in Limerick City. It was there in the 1960s. Do you have any thing on that?
I have a connection to the Gleesons in Fedamore through a Edmund Minihan that married a Mary Gleeson in Troy. Mary's parents were William Gleeson and Ellen Galligan from Fedamore.
Mary immigrated and married Edmund in Troy,NY and then brought her parents over from Ireland
Edmunds family were already there.
I had some distant Gleeson cousins visit in Sept. They are now in their 80's. When they came here in 1965, they were taken to visit Kellys.
I am in touch with Wyndham and know of his Gleesons. I agree with you that the Gleesons in Fedamore are possibly all related but trying to patch them togeher is the problem.
As he said to you there was a Denis Kelly living with his James & Ellen in the 1911 census. So again i would say that there has to be a connection.

Do you think you have anything that can expand any of the above.

Mary Gleeson  born 1849 married Edmund Minihin
Parents William Gleeson and Ellen Galligan(married in manister)

Regards

Maresa

Halvey,Ballysheedy
Ryan,Inch St Laurance,
Gleeson,fedamore
Minahan Clounanna/Mungret

Offline boolavoord

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 23 April 09 02:09 BST (UK) »
Hello Maresa.  I don't know about any Kelly's from Limerick.  I reached a deadend on the Kelly line in Fedamore at the early 1800s with one Thomas Kelly.  I was aware from the census of the Denis Kelly, and the dates all work out.  I just haven't been able to confirm he was from the same Kellys.

I gave up on sorting out the Gleesons.  There were too many in Fedamore.  I may pick it up again some day.  Take care.  Good luck.
Kelly, McDermott, Connolly, McKune, Etchingham, Quane
Boolavoord, Fedamore, County Limerick

Offline shellshell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 01 April 11 02:01 BST (UK) »
hey couldn help but notice ye all looking for gleesons. is it fedamore limerick ye are looking for??

Offline Maresa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 01 April 11 08:46 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Yes it is Fedamore Co Limerick.
Looking for a connection of a Gleeson lady married to Lenihan. She would also be connected to Clohessys n the Steven Gleeson listed below.
Halvey,Ballysheedy
Ryan,Inch St Laurance,
Gleeson,fedamore
Minahan Clounanna/Mungret

Offline janer

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 21 February 12 01:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello , I too am chasing the Gleeson/Ryan families from Fedimore Limirick. I know that this post is dated but have just seen it and it has quite a lot of relevance. 

My connection is James Ryan marrying Bridget Gleeson/Gledson on 12th January 1877 in Fedimore, Limirick. The name has actually been transcribed as Tadimore which confuses things. The wedding date is confirmed though. Any help or connections greatly received.

James and Bridget came in Australia about 1880.

Many thanks
Jane

Offline Maresa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 21 February 12 20:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jane,
I will give you any help I can.
Halvey,Ballysheedy
Ryan,Inch St Laurance,