Author Topic: James Ayliffe Born Ashton Keynes please  (Read 1467 times)

Offline Cotswoldhills

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Ayliffe Born Ashton Keynes please
« on: Friday 02 February 07 10:20 GMT (UK) »
Hello
I am looking for the birth of James Ayliff / Ayliffe. According to the 1861 census he was born Aston Keynes about 1804/5. He married a Susannah ? but I can't find the record of that either.  What I am really after is finding out who his parents were as I am trying to prove a link with a lady I am in contact with who is looking for an Edward Ayliff/Ayliffe, if they are brothers we have a link but they could be cousins or nothing at all.?In 1841 James is living "Marlborough St Peter" in the High St and is a Carpenter.

Can any one help me or tell me what to do next? Thank you.

Offline Bee

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: James Ayliffe Born Ashton Keynes please
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 February 07 23:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi

www.freereg.rootsweb.com has James Ayliffe born 21 June 1803, baptised 14 August 1803 at Hoyl Cross church, Ashton Keynes, son of George and Sarah

Bee :)
Dinsdale, Ellis, Gee, Goldsmith,Green,Hawks,Holmes,  Lacey, Longhorn, Pickersgill, Quantrill,Tuthill, Tuttle & Walker,  in E & W Yorks, Lincs, Norfolk & Suffolk. Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Cotswoldhills

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Ayliffe Born Ashton Keynes please
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 04 February 07 15:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sarah

Thanks so much for that - I now know his parents names and his brother Edward is listed too, so is a sister. I had not heard of Freereg before and there is limited info on it so I feel really privileged that it had what I needed. There is another Ayliffe family in the area so I will have to do a bit more digging to prove that it is him but am 98% certain.
Thank you very much.
Beverley