Author Topic: Jones and Harvey Family  (Read 1548 times)

Offline Carell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jones and Harvey Family
« on: Friday 02 February 07 20:06 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for a Jones family.  Elizabeth Ann Jones, born April 27, 1882, in Merthyr Tydfil, married Thomas Henry Harvey, Sept. 4, 1899.  Elizabeth's father is Thomas Jones. She had at least 2 siblings (sisters) named Amelia (who married someone by the last name of Thomas) and Mary Jane who married Tom Cunningham.  Does this match with anyone else looking for information?  I am trying to find information about Amelia and Mary Jane and the families they married into.
Jones (from Merthyr Tydfil, Wales), Harvey (from Merthyr Tydfil, Wales, and from Linkinhorne, Cornwall), Maher (from Burriscane, County Tippperary, Ireland) and Farrell (from Ireland, immigrated to Canada about 1868)

Offline cardiff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Jones and Harvey Family
« Reply #1 on: Friday 02 February 07 20:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi
You say you want info on Amelia and Mary Janes husbands could you give us info on them year born place born or their fathers name and occupation on thei wedding certificates also their ages time of marriage.
cheers cardiff
All CensusTranscriptions are Crown Copyright

Read Wiltshire /Pontypridd
Dove Lincolnshire/Pontypridd/Cardiff
Barnhouse Cardiff/Pontypridd
Wilkes Shropshire/ Staffordshire/ Rhondda
Fletchers Staffordshire/ Glamorgan
Wright Somerset/ Glamorgan
Probert Cardigan/Rhondda/Shropshire
Jenkins Cardigan
Lewis Cardigan
Morgan Penderyn/Pontypridd
Stephens Penderyn
David Glamorgan
Whitby Forest Dean
Hughes Goodrich/Pontypridd
Jackson/Smith London /Kent/Glamorgan
Hughes Maesteg/Ynyshire

Offline Fisherman

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 02 February 07 21:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carell and welcome to RootsChat

Found this
1901 Census RG13 Piece 5030 Folio 117 Page 32
Living in Gellifaelog?, Penydarren, Merthyr

Thomas Cunningham  Head  26 General Labourer  Ireland, County Waterford
Mary Jane Cunningham       20                              Dowlais, Glam

Fisherman
Sockett in Shropshire, Montgomeryshire, Herefordshire, Monmouthshire, Glamorgan and probably the rest of the UK
Corbet/t in Shropshire, Norfolk, Worcestershire
Gambold in South West Wales, USA, Australia
Baylis/s in Gloucestershire, South Wales
Richards in Breconshire
Manthorpe in Shropshire, Norfolk, Cheshire, Suffolk

Offline Carell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 03 February 07 16:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Fisherman,  (I hope you get this message...this is my first time using Rootschat and I am not exactly sure what I doing).  Thanks for the information you gave.  It is in the right area (Gellifaelog, Penydarren, Merthyr Tydfil).  The last time I tried to access the 1901 census online, I was told try again much later as there was too much traffice trying to use it.  This gives me an approximate date for Mary Jane's birth year and I can now try to access an older census, probably around 1891, to see if I can find the three girls in a family there.  Then I can get some birthdates and from there try to find marrige certificates.  Thanks again for your help.  Carell
Jones (from Merthyr Tydfil, Wales), Harvey (from Merthyr Tydfil, Wales, and from Linkinhorne, Cornwall), Maher (from Burriscane, County Tippperary, Ireland) and Farrell (from Ireland, immigrated to Canada about 1868)