Author Topic: Link: German headstones in Australia  (Read 56594 times)

Offline Swaggy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Familienarchiv Papsdorf since/ seit 1978
    • View Profile
Re: German headstones in Australia
« Reply #18 on: Monday 19 November 07 23:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi all!
Australia Plains Cemetery is online now on our website
www.familienarchiv-papsdorf.de/ozcemeteries.htm
This is the first "new" cemetery after several quite hard weeks of changing the uneffective HTML presentation into a SQL database. (Since yesterday  ;D the "old" HTML Dimboola (VIC) cemetery is presented as SQL as well. In a few days the last "old" one, Murtoa (VIC) too.
Very exiting news are to be told from pastor Gotthardt Daniel Fritzsche and his unfortunate wife Dorette = Dorchen = Johanna Dorothea nee Nehrlich. Their up to now quite unknown pedigrees are increasing rapidly.
Hopefully I did not bore anyone with these (good?) news?
Beste Gruesse,
Detlef 
Saxony - Papsdorf researches worldwide - Project "German headstones in Australia"

Offline Swaggy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 21 November 07 13:44 GMT (UK) »
G'day to all,
the book of Wilhelm Iwan entitled "Um des Glaubens Willen nach Australia" (For the sake of believe to Australia), Breslau 1931 has been translated (?) and re-published (?) in Australia.
To be honest, I don't know both, new title and/ or the fact of being re-published nor the English title.
Anyway, I keep the German original that presents 52 pages of lists of Lutheran emigrants from Prusian provinces. I am thinking of scanning theses lists and presenting them  - worked out by an OCR software (FineReader) - on my homepage, if there is any need to do so.
(Maybe these lists are already online or available by help of an OZ-institution?)
Author Iwan published a supplement to this book in 1943 named "Geschichte der Altlutherischen Auswanderung" (History of the Old-Lutheran Emigration). Though this supplement discusses mainly the German emigration to the United States, newer knowledges (since 1931) about the OZ emigration found their place in the book too. (This book is kept in the library of my archive, too).
Beste Gruesse aus Deutschland,
Detlef

Saxony - Papsdorf researches worldwide - Project "German headstones in Australia"

Offline Swaggy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 30 November 07 15:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,
some more recently uploaded cemeteries on our website www.familienarchiv-papsdorf.de:
1. Australia Plains/ SA
2. Tanunda-Langmeil/ SA
3. Herrnhut/ VIC
4. Neukirch/ SA
Processing: Angle Grove/ SA
Und tschuess ...
Detlef

Offline lensgarden

• RootsChat Extra
  • Brauer Family Crest
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 30 November 07 18:36 GMT (UK) »
whilst on the subject does anyone have any idea of what is happening to this site listed below?

it seems to have been off line for a few weeks now.

http://www.chapelhill.homeip.net/FamilyHistory/Photos/index.htm

tia

len & bev
Brauer, Eggersdorff, Sommer, Christoffell, Dreyer, Weyer, Kruse & Altmann Prussia/Germany/Australia/Queensland/USA.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 30 November 07 22:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Len And Bev,
 What was the site about ?
Was it a cemetery seach?
Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 30 November 07 22:51 GMT (UK) »
Congratulations Detlef,

It is looking great. Wonderful to be seeing so much new work appearing on the site. You must be very pleased.

Len and Bev,

Yes I can't find a replacement either. It appeared to be a very good Graveyard source. Hopefully it is only down temporarily.  :'(

I have found an email address, for the site author - I will PM it to you.

Sue,

I took a look after Len and Bev mentioned the site here. It was very good - not totally German but coverage of dozens if not hundereds of Cemeteries - a lot of Lutheran Included (Information and photos)

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,211790.msg1525671.html#msg1525671
Cheers.......Kris  ;)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 01 December 07 03:23 GMT (UK) »
thanks Kris,
I see it now, but I think I had not spotted it.
Oh well, looks like I will never know what I missed. :'(
Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lensgarden

• RootsChat Extra
  • Brauer Family Crest
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 01 December 07 04:39 GMT (UK) »
to all,

yes ti was a cemetery site with indexes and photo's of tomb stones, whilst it wasn't german specifically it contained all our german ancestors as we do not have singularly german cemeteries as many cultures where pioneers over here.

i found it a very very usueful source for getting additional information on people listed on our family tree, i had all but finished checking all the smaller cemeteries and was about to embark on the larger city ones when the site stopped working.

like any sites like this they are valuable as part of our resource base, we are hoping the site is only down temporarily though it has been for a few weeks now, a lot of work had gone into it.

len
Brauer, Eggersdorff, Sommer, Christoffell, Dreyer, Weyer, Kruse & Altmann Prussia/Germany/Australia/Queensland/USA.

Offline Swaggy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 01 December 07 07:19 GMT (UK) »
Guten Morgen!  ;D
the original titel of the teporarily untraceable website was:
"Headstone photo collection from South East Queensland-Collection of headstone and memorial photos for about 100 small cemeteries approx 100km around Brisbane (Queensland, Australia)."
[www.chapelhill.homeip.net/FamilyHistory/Photos]
... und tschuess,
Detlef