Author Topic: Henderson 1861 Census  (Read 6795 times)

Offline gladys1

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Henderson 1861 Census
« Reply #27 on: Monday 12 February 07 09:04 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Sashar yes i would like very much to see the Hendersons but amm still wondering about Jane Henderson/Dowey.   ???  Its a mystery.  :( If you have any ideas what i could do let me know please.  Regards Gladys.

Offline SASHAR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 12 February 07 09:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gladys,
The only thing that would make sense is that Jane was born out of wedlock and registered as Jane Henderson.   Her mother Mary then married John Dowey.   Maybe Jane then thought she should put Henderson on her marriage as that was her birth name.
Do we have how old Jane Henderson was when she married William Heron?
We could then see if we can find a Jane Henderson born before Mary Henderson & John Dowey married.   Trouble is it would be such a common name.
My Henderson posting has already gone through to the"completed" section if you wish to find it under   Henderson 1841-1871 by SASHAR.
Not sure what else to suggest - Sashar

Researching:
Ireland: Farrelly, Brady, Bourke/Burke & poss Smyth/Smith, Connor
Scotland: Paterson, MacGregor, Graham
Derbyshire:  Richardson, Bryer
Germany/Prussia:  Hein, Nuske, Milich, Baum
Australia: Farrelly, Paterson, Richardson, Hein, Milich, Smith/Smyth

Offline SASHAR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 12 February 07 10:14 GMT (UK) »
Me again Gladys,
Just rechecking your Seattle 1910 Census and that has Jane Heron aged 61 which makes her born c1849.    Her mother Mary Henderson m. John Dowey in 1853, so Jane could quite possibly have been born a Henderson.

Would that make sense to you.
Mary Henderson was b.1830 so she would have been 19 when she had Jane.

Let me know what you think - Sashar
Researching:

Offline SASHAR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 12 February 07 10:33 GMT (UK) »
Ow that's not right either.
Jane should appear in the 1851 Census if she was born c1849. 
Checking through our postings she isn't there, not with Mary Henderson.
I think we need to find her correct age and about when she was born to get any further.

Regards,  Sashar
Researching:

Offline gladys1

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 12 February 07 12:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sashar yes i think it will be best to find a Jane Henderson born about  1852  as in the 1881 census Blyth Jane Herron is 29 says she was born Blyth , William says he was born Blyth 1850 but going off other census he was born Earsdon but Blyth would be in the parish of Earsdon then i think.  On Their marriage both were of full age.  Ages do differ in many familys so that would appear to Jane`s ages in USA census.  I haven`t found William in 1871 census yet.   Thanks for helping me.   :)  I am not on ancestory but can look on FreeBMD and go into images and scroll through there. Regards Gladys.

Offline gladys1

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 14 February 07 17:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sashar,  I have just been on Immigrants to America again and looked at my Heron`s  and in the Forresters Cemetery there is this Dowey, Mary, b, 1829, d, 1912 so it looks as if Mary didn`t die in Blyth so if i can find out how to send for her death certificate it should tell more about her.  I also found John Heron born June 29, 1878 Blyth England which that coincides with his birth certificate what i have, he died Feb 9, 1906 aged 27 yrs, 11months and 7 days, undeneath John is Heron Wm, b, 1846, died April 9, 1925, Father.
Kittitas County Washington. If you wish to have a look go to page 13 and its a request for Jacques, the Heron is in there with web sites.  Let me know what you think, maybe there is another Mary Dowey from yours.  Gladys.

Offline gladys1

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 14 February 07 19:04 GMT (UK) »
Me again Sashar, Its just a request look up then Jacques when you get inside, sorry i didn`t say that before. Gladys. :)

Offline SASHAR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 14 February 07 21:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi gladys,
I've managed to find your Jacques posting and the American site you mentioned but I can't find Forresters Cemetery on there.    Am I missing a step, is that in Washington?
The information you've just given me does look like you're on the right track.
When I got the death date of Mary as 1910 from someone else's tree, it didn't state where she died, so the year may have been handed down through the family word of mouth.  I have her birthdate as 1st Sept 1830 Cowpen.  So a year out there.  John Heron's birthdate is spot on and William b. 1846, I have his birthdate somewhere between c1848-1850, so that's a bit out.   It doesn't say the ages of John & Mary?
Thanks for the update, you're getting closer by the day - regards,  Sashar
Researching:

Offline gladys1

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 15 February 07 09:50 GMT (UK) »
Hello Sashar if you click on the 3rd website then Kittitas Cemeterys Washington then Forresters Cemetery, you say you have Marys birth date do you know what her mothers maiden was.  It must be the same Mary Dowey what you have as on her immigration she was from Blyth. About ages they were out those days and can be five or six years out as i read all that in the genealogy books when i first started researching quite a few years ago also people would change there professions.  I have another death for Mary Baugh(Heron)in Roslyn WA, and it says that her mother was Jane (Dowie) Heron.  I might find out at some point ;D I will send for Williams birth certificate, on the 1851 census he is aged 1.  Cheerio for now. Regards Gladys.  :)