Author Topic: BRASH,CROZIER,Hawick.  (Read 8356 times)

Offline Vikki Brash

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BRASH,CROZIER,Hawick.
« Reply #9 on: Monday 18 January 21 15:59 GMT (UK) »
I know I'm very late to this party but I'm a decendant of james brash, born 29th april 1859. I was looking into trying to trace back the family tree after my grandad tried decades ago but gave up after being told that the records in enniskillen will probably have been destroyed during the civil war

Offline Terie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 19 January 21 17:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Vicki, thanks for your reply, never too late, great to hear from you, it's been a while since I looked at my Brash family of Hawick, let me dig out my file and I will get back to you.
Amanda.
Robson,Hawick.
Dodds,Hawick
Huggan,Hawick.
Burns,Hawick.
Brash,Hawick.
Crawford,Lilliesleaf.
Hislop,Lilliesleaf.
Pollock,Roxburghshire.
Whillans,Wheelans,Scotland.
Kennedy,Ancrum.

Offline Vikki Brash

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 19 January 21 18:53 GMT (UK) »
I'm the same. I saw a post online about someone managing to date back their tree to the 1500s and I thought I'd dig around again and see if I could find anything and ended up here! I got your pm and yes I'm still in scotland. If you throw me your email we can chat on there as I'm not allowed to send personal messages on here? Maybe because I've just joined or something.

Two posts should do it -
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 28 May 22 04:15 BST (UK) »
Carolyn, I am researching the same family. Isabell and her sister both had baby girls 3 days apart, with no fathers listed.Isabell married Fergus Hunter and the sister  I am still looking for.
Robert Crozier and his wife Rebecca Ashcroft had 9 known children.
 Cheers  Ann
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 19 June 22 19:56 BST (UK) »
Carolyn, I have spent $ at Scots.People and hours of research to sort and separate the children of Isabella Crozier, ...then of Fergus and his 1st wife Jane ....then of Isabella and Fregus's children
 and at last I think I have it under control...private email if you need help.
      Cheers Ann   
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger