Author Topic: Help! 1891 Ancestry.com site census query  (Read 3740 times)

Offline FindingAncestors

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Help! 1891 Ancestry.com site census query
« on: Monday 22 November 04 04:14 GMT (UK) »
Hello, Hope someone with some experience with Ancestry can help. This is Ancestry.com not co.uk I'm querying. OK.. I was using the free lookup thing going on at the moment, attempting to view a particular person, whenever I click on . I get this message; Error Processing Request
No information available for this image (6598, WORRG12_2355_2357-0430)
~~~~~~~~

Please try the following:

Click the  Back button to try another link.
Click the  Refresh button, or try again later.
View the 1891 England Census collection.
===============
   If I click on someone else on the same page I get the same thing. If I go back and search someone else anywhere else it's ok and I can view, so it's not anything to do with the free thing. It's just this one; I've tried using a search just using the RG, then the Reg dis, the sub dis, the Enumeration dis, the folio, the county... get the same thing everytime I click on . for that particular page.....

Is there anyone able to view the 1891 census other than through Ancestry? I am aware there are sometimes transcription errors, I have already encountered a couple via the Ancestry site, but I think, the womans name age birth place are correct, but for some reason one or more of  the RG or districts, ED,folio,page are wrong. Anyway, hope some one can help.  Thanks so much.  Cheers! FindingAncestors

ANYON,BATES, BEDWELL, BENNETT, BONE, BULLOCK,  CAMPBELL,  CARMICHAEL, CARTER, CLARK, CONSTANTINE/SLATER, CLENDINNING, COVENTRY, CREIGHTON,  EASLIP, EDWARDS, ELIARD or ELIOT, FROST, GORINGE, HILL, HOLLOWAY, INGLEFIELD, INGRAM, JAMES, JEFFREY, JONES, JOHNSTON, KEECH, LANGFORD, LAWS, LAWS,  LLOYD, LONDON, MACKAY, MCKAY, MACKNESS, MARTIN, MILLINGTON, MOORE, MORISON, NEWMAN, O'DONNELL, ORPIN, PAINE, POOK, REECE, RICHARDS, ROBSON,  SMITH, SPROULE, STANDISH,STRANGEMORE, TRENCHARD, WHELAN, WILLIAMS

Offline tarajobrien

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Help! 1891 Ancestry.com site census query
« Reply #1 on: Monday 22 November 04 05:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi FindingAncestors

i have an ancestry.co.uk subscription and i get the same problem. it has to do with a link to the image missing. You can report this problem and it can be fixed (takes a while though), on the page listing the persons details and the source, rego district etc, on the right hand side of the page there is a link called "Comments and Correction" - click and will get you to the below page.

Report An Error
Use this option to report an error with the website, such as:
   • Unreadable Image
   • Wrong Image
   • Missing Image

then report that the image is missing.

it is quite common. If you go to this address
http://boards.ancestry.co.uk/mbexec?htx=board&r=5538&p=topics.ancestry.uk-ire

there are other people complaining about missing images, errors etc.

hope this helps
Tara
Hertfordshire(Anstey, the Hadham, Reed, Standon): Gault, Hoy, Miles, Smith
Shropshire(Aston Botterell,Burwarton,Stoke St Milborough,Wheathill): Angell, Blackmore, Blakemore, Bennett, Pheysey
Essex(Dunmow,West Ham): Allen, Blackmore, Carr, Sutton
Warwickshire(Birmingham,Edgbaston): Angell
Yorkshire(Doncaster,Hull): Brooks, Doe
London/Middlesex area(Battersea,Wandsworth, Willesden): Angell, Brooks, Carr, Carswell, Salkind
Norfolk (Norwich,Nth Walsham,Lynn,Gt Yarmouth): Carr, Salkind

Offline FindingAncestors

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Help! 1891 Ancestry.com site census query
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 November 04 06:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Thanks for the info. Unfortunately on the free thing, there is no "Comments & Corrections" link.
I went to the Ancestry.com forums and posted a message regarding the missing image. I wouldn't have thought of doing that, thanks for the advice. Hope they sort it out.  Cheers!
ANYON,BATES, BEDWELL, BENNETT, BONE, BULLOCK,  CAMPBELL,  CARMICHAEL, CARTER, CLARK, CONSTANTINE/SLATER, CLENDINNING, COVENTRY, CREIGHTON,  EASLIP, EDWARDS, ELIARD or ELIOT, FROST, GORINGE, HILL, HOLLOWAY, INGLEFIELD, INGRAM, JAMES, JEFFREY, JONES, JOHNSTON, KEECH, LANGFORD, LAWS, LAWS,  LLOYD, LONDON, MACKAY, MCKAY, MACKNESS, MARTIN, MILLINGTON, MOORE, MORISON, NEWMAN, O'DONNELL, ORPIN, PAINE, POOK, REECE, RICHARDS, ROBSON,  SMITH, SPROULE, STANDISH,STRANGEMORE, TRENCHARD, WHELAN, WILLIAMS