Author Topic: Please help!! Dear friends  (Read 5921 times)

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Counting my Blessings...not the years!
    • View Profile
Re: Please help!! Dear friends
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 08 February 07 03:36 GMT (UK) »
And another  .. a lighter version  ;D
Poll
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 08 February 07 03:39 GMT (UK) »
Sorry ...this is the lighter one ...Doh  ::)
Poll
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 08 February 07 03:56 GMT (UK) »
and one with different lighting ...   lol

Offline Lones

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad & Mum
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 08 February 07 04:31 GMT (UK) »
Oh Poll, you have done it again  :)

Thank you so much, they are lovely.  I am really confused by the size of the version, I will check into that tonight when I get home from work.  I seemed fine to me  ???  But I must have done something wrong.

I will PM you now

Thank you again, brilliant work as usual  :) :)

Cheers

Lones
Momentsandmemoriesdpr.com.au
Digital Photographic Restoration

Smith, Warwick Shire
Ashwell, Buckminster Leicester
Brown, Kent
OBrien/Brien, Cork
Dunstan, Stithians Corwall
Beard, Stithians Corwall
Penman, Midlothian, Perth or Fife
Dick, Fife
Ruddock, Staindrop Durham
Willis, Ingleton Durham
Gibbon, Kirkby Ravensworth
Lazenby, Middleton Yorkshire
Bradley, London
Ware, London

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 08 February 07 16:41 GMT (UK) »
Has anyone else checked the dpi of Lones Original posting on here ?
 I'd be interested to know ..  :-\
Poll

Offline dennford

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 08 February 07 21:36 GMT (UK) »
I was just about to check, but theres no point - see the dpi has to be 72 or whatever your screen dpi is. the size displayed on your screen is determined by the pixel dimensions and has nothing to do with printable size.

Denn
Ford, Baines, Dixon, Platts, Peat, Proctor, Rotherforth, Dakin/Daykin, Sales, Beech, Hall, Parkin, Nightingale. ----- Harthill, Waleswood, Woodhouse-mill, Whitwell

South Yorkshire/Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire

Torremocha, Candog, Ramos, Reyes, Rodrigueus
-------Philippines --- Bohol

Offline Lones

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad & Mum
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 08 February 07 23:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Denn

Can you explain that in english please  :)  I scanned the pic at 600 dpi.  I checked last night and rescanned just in case.  When I open the pic in Photshop, I get the same as Poll, 75.   What can I change to alter this?   :-\  I can change the inch/cm/dpi but it didn't alter the 75 of the finished product.  What am I doing wrong and how can I get it bigger?   ??? 

I need to know for future reference and so I don't drive other people crazy when they are kind enough to restore my pics.   :D

Cheers

Lones

Smith, Warwick Shire
Brown, Kent
OBrien/Brien, Cork
Beard, Stithians Corwall
Dick, Fife
Ruddock, Staindrop Durham
Willis, Ingleton Durham
Gibbon, Kirkby Ravensworth
Lazenby, Middleton Yorkshire
Bradley, London
Ware, London

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 08 February 07 23:46 GMT (UK) »
I have pm'ed Denn ..   you usually scan at a high dpi ...thats why I queried if you had the pic ...Sorry  to ask ... but are you absolutely sure that you scanned it at  600dpi?.. it didnt have an automatic revert to 72 option for   the web or such like ?         .. Now I 'm getting  really confused ..  :P

Offline Lones

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad & Mum
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 08 February 07 23:53 GMT (UK) »
Me too Poll  :( :(

No I just scanned it again and then opened it in photoshop, I didn't even try to post it online.  When I get home I will try to post the settings that are on the blasted scanning machine and see if anyone on here can pick the problem, it is very frustrating isn't it?  ???

I do appreciate your patience with me, and thanks for the lovely copies.  You live in a winter wonderland don't you?  Beautiful!!  I am sweltering down here it's reaching 38 celcius in the shade  :P

Cheers

Lones

Smith, Warwick Shire
Brown, Kent
OBrien/Brien, Cork
Beard, Stithians Corwall
Dick, Fife