Author Topic: Missing Marriage brickwall - Ffestiniog/Maentwog??  (Read 886 times)

Offline brer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Shh! Be very, very quiet... I'm hunting forebears!
    • View Profile
Missing Marriage brickwall - Ffestiniog/Maentwog??
« on: Tuesday 06 February 07 22:17 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find the marriage of Ann(e) JONES to Robert ROBERTS.  Ann was born in Ffestiniog in 1860 (according to the 1881 census and her death in 1890.)   Robert was born in Maentwog in 1853.

Robert and Ann had a son they named Gwilym Jones ROBERTS in 1890 (Ann died in childbirth) in Ffestiniog.  I know Robert's father was William ROBERTS and have traced them back, but I can't get any leads on Ann and hoped that if I could pinpoint a marriage then I might get her father's name.

Many thanks

~ Claire

BRADBURY, BAYLEY, WINTERBOTTOM, HOLMES, BRUCE, ROBINSON, ANDREW (All Cheshire/Lancashire area.)<br /><br />HOYLE (Yorkshire), GRAY (Bedford), HORLEY (Bedford), RENSHAW, WILDE, MEREDITH, BRIDGEHOUSE and SUGDEN (Cheshire/Lancashire)<br /><br />BATE, BATES, HEARSUM (Essex), HALLOWS, LANGFIELD, HAGUE, TRAVIS, COOPER, ALLEN, MACE (Cheshire, Lancashire)

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Peterej

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Marriage brickwall - Ffestiniog/Maentwog??
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 February 07 23:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Claire

Have you sent for any marriage certificates yet?
There is an obvious possible marriage in Free BMD - Mar 1889 Ffestiniog 11b 500 although there are other possibles with the common names.
You can ask the local registrar for the certificate with the proviso that Robert's father is William and if it isn't it will not cost anything. The number above only however applies if you send for the certificate centrally.
I have just noticed that you are a frequent poster on this site and please forgive me if I am trying to teach my grandmother to suck eggs!

Peter
Jones, Edwards, Davies, Owen, Benjamin , Hughes , Roberts,Thomas,Williams, Wynne , Griffiths, Howells, Rowlands etc etc
plus
Thomas,Trewren,Holmes,Thirlwall,Jones again & again
& more

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"