Author Topic: 1881 Census Lookup  (Read 975 times)

Offline Jaki

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
1881 Census Lookup
« on: Monday 22 November 04 10:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Could someone please have a look at the following  to check the name of the head of the household:

RG11/2201 Folio 129 Page 42

I am looking at the Kessell family on this page.
The names of the wife and the children, and all their information, match what i have found in 1871 and 1891 but the head of the household is Solomon in these years and Thomas in 1881. Am grasping at straws that maybe there was a transcription error .... have all body parts crossed ... lol.

Any assistance appreciated

Jaki
<i>OK Charles Henry Kingwell when did you arrive in Australia????</i><br /><b>Coates</b> - Warwickshire, Staffordshire??<br /><b>Hall</b> - Warwickshire, Yorkshire<br /><b>Hirst</b> - Yorkshire<br /><b>Kingwell, Bulley, Bunce</b> - Devon<br /><b>Sample</b> - Northumberland, Durham<br /><b>Shipp</b> - Gloucester<br /><b>MacGillivray, Grant, Forbes, McBean</b> - Scotland

Offline rutti tutti

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1881 Census - Ancestry Lookup
« Reply #1 on: Monday 22 November 04 10:36 GMT (UK) »
the black cat must have crossed the path! Sorry very definitely thomas!!
Ruth
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jaki

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 November 04 10:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ruth

Thanks for that. Can't find Solomon listed elsewhere in 1881 so think i will just put this entry into the 90% sure pile until i can find out differently. Maybe he changed his name? Must purchase marriage certificate i have found next month.
Why couldn't they just pick one name and stick to it .... lol .. oh well its what makes it interesting i suppose.

Jaki
<i>OK Charles Henry Kingwell when did you arrive in Australia????</i><br /><b>Coates</b> - Warwickshire, Staffordshire??<br /><b>Hall</b> - Warwickshire, Yorkshire<br /><b>Hirst</b> - Yorkshire<br /><b>Kingwell, Bulley, Bunce</b> - Devon<br /><b>Sample</b> - Northumberland, Durham<br /><b>Shipp</b> - Gloucester<br /><b>MacGillivray, Grant, Forbes, McBean</b> - Scotland

Offline Olly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 22 November 04 10:51 GMT (UK) »
Jaki,
I presume you checked LDS.

There is a Soloman J. Kessell listed as head with wife Rosa born Plymouth aged 27. Maybe not your research!!

Olly
Bulmer Draper - Lincoln, Glasgow, Aylesbury
Bulmer - York
Draper,Keogh- Lincolnshire, Middlesex, Liverpool, Ireland
Lowe, Massey - Liverpool
Lowe - Australia
Jones, Owens - Anglesey, Liverpool
Collinson - Middlesex,Birmingham,Liverpool

Offline rutti tutti

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 22 November 04 10:57 GMT (UK) »
Maybe that is son!
Ruth
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jaki

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 22 November 04 10:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Thanks for looking. I had checked LDS and Soloman J Kessell is the son of the Solomon i am trying to track down at the moment. If only his father was as easy to find .....  ::) ..... or confirm in 1881.

Jaki