Author Topic: John SCOTT Baptism 1790ish Long Melford  (Read 2525 times)

Offline Vicwinann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
John SCOTT Baptism 1790ish Long Melford
« on: Wednesday 07 February 07 07:15 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
Is it possible for someone to do a lookup for me for the baptism of John Scott b about 1790 in Long Melford (1851 census), son of John Scott, a brickmaker?  Thank you.
Regards
Vicwinann
Sellwood Berkshire Oxon Lancs Wilts; Cassell Berkshire and Guildford; Leighs Guildford and London; Saunders Portsea, Greenwich and Deptford ; Austin Cookham; Osgood Berkshire; Dack Norfolk; Darling Berkshire and Mapledurham; Wilkins Englefield Berks; Havenhand Derbys; Whileman Derbys; Reedman Derbys, Notts, Australia, Africa; Rottenberry Deptford and Devon;

Offline annes

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: John SCOTT Baptism 1790ish Long Melford
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 07 February 07 18:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Vicwinann

I looked at Long Melford baptisms from 1788 to 1795, but could see no reference to John Scott, sorry.

Regards
Anne

Offline Vicwinann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 February 07 21:50 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Anne for looking.

Today, I found a series of baptisms on the IGI including one for a John Scott  b July 1794 chris 18 Jan 1795 in "Independant, Long Melford" for a John and Ann, so in the absence of anything else, I think that I am going to have to go along with this until proven otherwise.  The 1841 and 1851 for Chatham where he was living says age 40 and 50 respectively, and his marriage cert clearly states father as John.
I appreciate your help, anyway.
Regards
Vicwinann
Sellwood Berkshire Oxon Lancs Wilts; Cassell Berkshire and Guildford; Leighs Guildford and London; Saunders Portsea, Greenwich and Deptford ; Austin Cookham; Osgood Berkshire; Dack Norfolk; Darling Berkshire and Mapledurham; Wilkins Englefield Berks; Havenhand Derbys; Whileman Derbys; Reedman Derbys, Notts, Australia, Africa; Rottenberry Deptford and Devon;

Offline Vicwinann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 07 February 07 21:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi again,
Sorry if I am being misleading. Got my whotsits in a twist. The 1841 for John Scott says age 54, and the 1851, age 60. 
Regards
Vicwinann

Offline suffolk*sue

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Catherine Sandys & Sarah Richardson,where are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 08 February 07 11:15 GMT (UK) »
This marriage appears on Boyds index.

Jn SCOTT
An COCKERTON

1793  -  Long Melford
Census information is Crown Copyright  -  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline suffolk*sue

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Catherine Sandys & Sarah Richardson,where are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 08 February 07 11:20 GMT (UK) »
From IGI

Ann Cockerton bap. 2nd Sept,1765 at Long Melford, Independant, daughter of Bridge
Census information is Crown Copyright  -  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Vicwinann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 08 February 07 22:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello ,
Thanks for that. This could be my John's parents.   My John Scott married Jane Freeman of Rochford, Essex in 1838 in Frindsbury, Kent. A year later they were in Chatham where my great grandmother, Jane Amelia Scott was born.
Regards
Vicwinann