Author Topic: Blank/Plank Orkney  (Read 8126 times)

Offline betti66

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Blank/Plank Orkney
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 10 October 06 18:24 BST (UK) »
Hi All

Jacob & Sophia are my ggg grandparents, their son Christopher was an AB sailor & somehowwended up on South Tynside - I still have his seaman's trunk which he brought from the Orkneys.  He appears on the cenus  as been moured in Sheilds harbour on a ship called 'Julia'.  If anyone has information as to where Jacob or Sophia came from ( I know Frankfurt Germany but have no records or documentation) I'd really appreciate it!

Lizzie

Offline caza

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 11 October 06 00:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Lizzie, It was so good to see that there is someone else out there trying to find info on Jacob or Sophie. Years ago, over the internet, another lady got intouch saying she was related to christopher and even had a picture of Sophia. Unfortunately she disappeared, she mentioned she was moving into a pub in England, l think, but l never heard from her again. l did email her many times with no response. Do you know this lady ?? l cant remember her name. Anyway we may be able to exchange info as they were my ggg grandparents too.
Carol in Australia
Ellis, Blanck, Planck, Cody, Moloney/ Maloney, Wren, Gray, Clouston, Whelan, Alford, Anderson, Pringle.

Area's: Yorkshire, County Clare, Scotland, Germany.

Offline betti66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 11 October 06 18:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol

I think you were in contact with my mam, Linda.  She lives in Cyprus now so I've tried to pick up where she left off!  What a small world it is!!  I spoke to her at the weekend & she was looking for your email (it must be you - I don't think there are many carols in Australia looking for the tedeschi & Plancks!)

My gran had a picture of Sophia on her wall, she's since passed away & I'm trying to track down Sophia's picture.

Have you found any other information since you were last in touch with her?

I can't wait to tell her that we've made contact.

Best regards

Lizzie :)

Offline caza

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 12 October 06 05:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Lizzie, this is fantastic. It was Linda, l am glad she is ok. I use to think that something terrible must have happened, for her not to get back in touch. I hope you can find Sophia's picture, you wouldnt believe how many people here would be thrilled to see what she looked like.  Unfortunately l havent had any luck at all. I even had someone look for me in Germany with no luck so l really dont know, but, to tell you the tructh l havent done much as my mum died and for some reason l havent got back into it like l should. She was a Blanck and l was really doing it for her. But now we have made contact this will inspire me to move along...  My aunty (mums sister) is still very interested along with cousins etc.  So glad you made contact.
bye for now
Carol.
Ellis, Blanck, Planck, Cody, Moloney/ Maloney, Wren, Gray, Clouston, Whelan, Alford, Anderson, Pringle.

Offline betti66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 18 October 06 21:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol

Sorry to hear about your mum.  I've started to 'try' and created my family tree on ancestry.com, I would love to include you part of the planck/blancks.  I've also found the German bit so frustrating...so many Plancks left Germany in the1800s, I wish we knew Jacob's parents'''it looks like he could have had a brother John but I'm not sure.  If you send me your email I'll send access to the tree.  Mine is *

Look forward to hearing from you!

Lizzie

(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Laurina

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 09 December 06 17:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol,

Have you seen the entry for a Jacob Blank in the 1851 Sutherland, Scotland Census? He is with his wife Suzanna, 23 and his son John, 1 They are lodging with Roderick MacLeod, 60.

1851 census 1841: East Helmsdale, Sutherland
Parish: 52, ED 2, Page 20
ADDRESS: East Helmsdale, Kildonan, East Helmsdale, Sutherland

In the household are:
Jacob Blank 23 Lodger, Italy, Shaw Man
Suzanna Blank, 23, Italy
John Blank, 1, Glasgow

Laurina
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline caza

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 11 December 06 00:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Laurina, thank you for the info. That might mean he married three times. The plot thickens!! or the research gets harder.  Thankyou for your help over the past year or two. You are very resourceful
Carol.  ;D

Offline cwep

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 11 December 06 22:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Carol, I hope I can be some help.I have been in touch with lizzie recently.I have recently started researching my family tree. My g grandfather was William Planck who was Jacob and sophia,s son. I have found out a lot of information in a short time and if you are interested I would be more than willing to share it. I am living in South Wales,UK. So I have just found out that I am related to Lizzie who,s gg grandfather was Christopher Planck.I have recently seen a family bible with a few notes from William who has written down his brothers and sisters names and his parents. I look forward to hearing from you.If you send your e-mail you can have access to my tree on ancestry.co.uk the same as Lizzie. *
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php