Author Topic: what regiment is Joe Wilson in  (Read 4816 times)

Offline Ann E

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: what regiment is Joe Wilson in
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 07 April 07 00:23 BST (UK) »
Jebber,  Wendi, Salty.
Thank you for your help,
So Joe was in The Cycle Corps. It is obvious now I know; you think he could have been moved prior to going to the field? The other photo of him I sent in you thought he was in the Fusiliers, I think it was taken on his wedding day? On, 21.02.1915 by Licence, he was age 34 Bach & Solider at Aldershot (I presume he married by licence as he was going abroad with his regiment does this help,
 I did have a look at the site you recommended  for cap badges but couldn’t find a match !
AnnE

Lacey, IOW, Lacey, Shearstone  SOM, Higgins, Tagg, Sammons, Jackson, Reeves Cowley, Wale OXFORD. Robert Collinson

Offline Wendi

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Peeking into the past
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 07 April 07 17:48 BST (UK) »
That's about the sum of it Ann,

Did he have a middle name?

The Medal Index Cards only relate to soldiers who went overseas during WW1, and we don't have enough to narrow him down via that index.

Don't forget, unless he was a career soldier,  he may have had a War Pension, and those records would be at the National Archives also.

Wendi  :)
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it!  No matter if I have said it,
unless it agrees with your own reason and with your own common sense" ~ Buddha

SCOTT ~ Monmouthshire & Glamorgan
BUCKLEY ~ Cork & Manchester
FRANKLIN ~ Clerkenwell, London
BRADY ~ Kildare & Manchester
DERICK ~ France
FRIEND ~ Kent & Portsmouth
TYLDESLEY ~ Lancashire

Offline Ann E

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 08 April 07 23:23 BST (UK) »
Thank you Wendi,
 yes he did have a middle name it was James, My brother has another Photo of Joe James Wilson, with the caption Joe Wilson (front centre) Ox & Bucks Regiment,? I have asked him for a copy, he didn't say if it was WW1 or WW2I will let you know  when I get it.
Ann E
Lacey, IOW, Lacey, Shearstone  SOM, Higgins, Tagg, Sammons, Jackson, Reeves Cowley, Wale OXFORD. Robert Collinson