Author Topic: Hastie/Clarke  (Read 3190 times)

Offline Nicola

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Hastie/Clarke
« on: Thursday 08 February 07 16:01 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find the parents of Rachel Clarke b 1807 Tweedmouth and James Hastie b 1811 Tweedmouth. Js and Rachel married, but not sure when. Children were
Mary 1832
Philip 1834
William 1838
James 1840
Samuel 1840
Elizabeth 1845
Alexander 1848
Mary 1851
All born Tweedmouth, Berwick on Tweed.
I cannot find anything before Rachel and James.
Please help
Regards, Nicola

Northam, Billing(s), Trickey, Sprague, Woodbury, Hallett, Pike, Stamp, Hart All Devon Somerset area.
 Hastie, Tait, Clark, Bryson, Edminson, Burgon,  Dickson, Adamson, Hendry, JeffreyAll Berwick area.
Archer, Purdy, Pitts, Grooms, Lomax, Smith, Poulton, Luddington, Daniels, Atkinson all Tottenham area

Offline Bobh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hastie/Clarke
« Reply #1 on: Friday 09 February 07 13:20 GMT (UK) »
Dear Nicola, I will look into this for you and reply later,
Blakelock, Brown, Castleton, Edwards, Galliford, Groves, Hall, Holland, Huggins, Ions, Packer, Smith, Womack.

Offline Bobh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 09 February 07 15:49 GMT (UK) »
Dear Nicola, On the 1881 census I have James Hastie father70, at his son's , Alexander Hastie home in Tweedmouth male 36 his wife Isabella F 30, their daugher Isabella F aged 4 and their  son James 2. Bobh
Blakelock, Brown, Castleton, Edwards, Galliford, Groves, Hall, Holland, Huggins, Ions, Packer, Smith, Womack.

Offline Nicola

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 09 February 07 16:32 GMT (UK) »
Thanks alot.
Nicola
Northam, Billing(s), Trickey, Sprague, Woodbury, Hallett, Pike, Stamp, Hart All Devon Somerset area.
 Hastie, Tait, Clark, Bryson, Edminson, Burgon,  Dickson, Adamson, Hendry, JeffreyAll Berwick area.
Archer, Purdy, Pitts, Grooms, Lomax, Smith, Poulton, Luddington, Daniels, Atkinson all Tottenham area

Offline 2zpool

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 09 February 07 22:17 GMT (UK) »
No C of E marriage in Northumberland for 1813-1837.  Where were the children baptised?

Janis
Co. Durham:  Hall, Snowdon, Makepeace, Barnfather, Barrass, Gray/Grey, Wilson, Carr, Cole, Richardson, Greener, Lamb
Northumberland:  Grey/Gray, Richardson, Barnfather, Heron, Redpath
------------------------------------------------------------------
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Bobh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 10 February 07 10:26 GMT (UK) »
Dear Nicola, This is Alexander's, the son's family information.
This record has been added to your shoebox.
1891 England Census
about Alexander Hastie
Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

Bobh

Offline heathera1940

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 20 February 07 16:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi nicola. i am also researing the hastie tree. i have not managed to find the details of rachel or james`s parents.
good luck, heather

Offline ndpaton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 19 March 07 06:31 GMT (UK) »
Dear Nicola and Heather, I know that you are descended from James Tait and Catherine Edminson through their daughter, Margaret who married a Hastie. I am in communication withLouise Hastie who would be your cousin. I have recently made great inroads to the Tait/Edminson  familyand straightened out the family record. All was not as it seemed. James had been married to Grace Johnson  in 1850 and they had three children, James, Robert and Grace Jnr. Grace, the mother died in childbirth and was buried 1856 in Tweedmouth. Meanwhile our dear gr gr grandmother) had a love child, Richard Piercy(father Richard also) but  he, Richard appears as Tait on the Census records so the first child  to James and Catherine was Elizabeth. On the 1861 Census, Grace Johnston Tait aged 5 yrs is living with her uncles and aunt at another address. She may have been a difficult child once Elizabeth was born-who knows. There has not been a marriage found anywhere for James and Catherine but I have a copy of the original marriage of Grace Johnston and James Tait 1850 at Lamberton Toll. If you contact me through Louise she shall give you my information and address. I have about six members I  CC emails to re the Tait clan.I descend through Ruth Tait who married Alexander Watson Borthwick  Regards N D Paton

Offline Nicola

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 25 March 07 10:44 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the info. My mother Heather has E Mailed Louise Hastie  but has not had a reply yet. Heather has your tree details on Genes Reunited.

Thank you once again, Nicola