Author Topic: MANN in West London  (Read 1197 times)

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
MANN in West London
« on: Friday 09 February 07 16:07 GMT (UK) »
Interested in Mann families in Westminster,Chelsea, Hammersmith, Fulham and Kensington areas    1830-1940
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)

Offline Margaret3

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MANN in West London
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 January 08 11:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I have a William Mann c1820 who lived in Hammersmith. A Freemason who worked as a solicitors clerk in the House of commons. He married Ann Hodges. They had 6 children - Willis, Alfred Thomas, Charles, Emily, Louisa, Annie.  Any match?
Best wishes M.

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: MANN in West London
« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 January 08 17:44 GMT (UK) »
Disappointing but not my Mann family. Most of mine were in the Fulham area and he was married to a mary Light and they had 13 children.
It is a difficult task trying to find information  but I have found the Fulham record office near Hammersmith station very helpful . I have visited but it is a chore gettingthere. I have e-mailed them with queries about electoral rollsand they have come back with an answer. I givethem the address and date and they do a look up. They also sent me a coroners report from the local paper.

Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)