Author Topic: Charles Byrne of Byrnesgrove  (Read 4243 times)

Offline delacyg

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Charles Byrne of Byrnesgrove
« on: Friday 09 February 07 17:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I am looking for further information on Charles Byrne, son of Sir Gregory Byrne by his second wife Alica Fleming. Charles was born in 1692 and died in 1751. He was married to Margaret Colclough and had 4 sons, John, Dudley Colclough, Gregory (d 1742 Rosconnel) and James (d 1774) and 4 daughters, Margaret, Alice, Frances and Mary Ann. I believe his son Gregory married Margaret Bermingham and John married Elizabeth Maher but it could be wrong and I am looking for anything to prove it. A number of records state that all of Charles children died without issue but I believe this is wrong.
Any info most welcome
Regards
Geoff Byrne
Byrne, Campion, Butler, Fitzpatrick,

Offline Gillysue

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Byrne of Byrnesgrove
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 October 10 05:42 BST (UK) »
Hi
Cannot help you with your Charles Byrne but can you help me with a Bridget Campion who married Henry Byrne.  They had 2 sons, Patrick & Henry and 2 daughters Margaret & Catherine.
Patrick married Ann Kavanagh and eventually came out to New Zealand.
Looking forward to your reply

Gillysue
Marfell, Cloudley, Gammie, Coutts, Waldin, Brain
Kearns,
Gill, Cheesman, Cameron, Dunkinson
Emms, Reilly, Byrne, Nyhane
Patchett, Dring, Hodson, Eyles, Philpotts

Offline antnbyrne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Byrne of Byrnesgrove
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 27 November 11 19:43 GMT (UK) »
Geoff,

Sir Gregory Byrne purchased a property at Kilmocar for his son Charles which apparently had a castle on it. Charles replaced this with a house he named Byrnesgrove.
You will find details of Charles Byrne and his family and descendants in Volume 2, Chapter 10 starting on Page 341 of the history The Byrnes and the O'Byrnes authored by Daniel Byrne-Rothwell and published by the House of Lochar, Isle of Colonsay, Argyll, Scotland.  You can go to their website for further information.
Sincerely,
Anthony Byrne